Purpose of the Role: To offer a courtesy transport system within the grounds of the hospital to visitors and patients, being admitted or discharged
- Ensure the buggy is clean and in good working order.
- Ensure the safety of passengers (checking seat belt is on etc) at all times
- Drive the buggy around a designated circuit, picking up and dropping passengers off as required
- Assist with luggage/walkers as required
- Provide excellent customer service
- Prompt passengers especially on the rear seats to wear seat belts
- Ensure all passengers are safely seated with legs off the ground before driving the buggy (get out and check back seat passengers).
- To plug the battery into the buggy at the end of each shift and ensure the plug at the wall is switched on
- To follow COVID guidelines for the buggy (guidelines on the buggy).
Personal Attributes Required:
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (listening, speaking, nonverbal)
- Non judgemental attitude
- A friendly and helpful attitude
- A genuine interest in and liking of people.
- A willingness to commit to a regular shift.
- A willingness to undergo orientation and training and to attend other training/meetings as required