Purpose of the Role: To provide the opportunity for patients and staff to buy goods from the trolley.
- Stocking the trolley with goods from storage
- Pushing the trolley around selected wards and selling goods
- Marking off quantities of stock sold
- Counting the money and balancing the stock sheet
- Locking the stock away
- Handing the takings in to finance / leaving a float of $100 with stock
- Assisting with stock take as required.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Well developed communication skills (listening, speaking, nonverbal)
- A non judgemental attitude; empathy and patience
- A willingness to be a part of the team at Hollywood
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- A genuine interest in and liking of people
- Reliability, punctuality and the ability to commit time to volunteer on a regular basis
- A willingness to undergo orientation and training and to attend Volunteer Services Meetings