FOOD WITH FRIENDS (WINTER 2023) - Food with Friends - Kitchen Assistant (Set 2)
Food with Friends - Kitchen Assistant (Set 1)
Assist youth ages 11 to 18 in developing basic food prep skills and experience working in a commercial kitchen environment. Volunteers will assist Recreation Leaders in facilitating youth as they learn to follow recipes to prepare and enjoy a variety of nutritious meals.
Date: Saturdays, January 18th to March 18th, 2023
Time(s): 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Port Coquitlam Community Centre - Wilson Kitchen
2150 Wilson Avenue, Port Coquitlam
Volunteer duties will include:
- Assist in the planning of meals for youth age 11-18 learn to cook program
- Assist in orienting youth with the tools and appliances in a kitchen
- Help promote and mentor kitchen safety
- Leading youth in preparation of healthy meals
- Promote a fun, inclusive, and positive environment
Please bring/wear kitchen-appropriate clothing that you can move comfortably in, including closed-toe shoes. An apron and other personal protective equipment will be provided.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Emmanuel Addo at email@example.com or 604 927 7962.
- Age Must be at least Adult (19+)
- Youth Services Volunteer Orientation Must be at least Complete
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday Afternoon