- Driver – provide transportation for clients who are recovering from illness/surgery or are no longer able to drive due to age or disability. This will be on a case-by-case basis and you will be given the opportunity to accept or reject the jobs. SPECIAL APPLICATION, LIABILITY RELEASE & BACKGROUND SCREENING ARE REQUIRED.
- Friendly Visitor – these volunteers serve as a second set of eyes/ears for staff that work with seniors. Visitors make weekly personal visits (approximately one hr) to the homes of our Senior Adult clients to check-in on them. Some volunteers play games (chess/checkers), listen to stories of their families or past experiences, discuss current events, read (esp. to those who have lost their vision) or whatever brings the client pleasure. (Weekly)
- Handy(wo)man – are you interested in helping a Senior community member to be able to stay in their own home? Are you handy around the house and able to replace light bulbs, smoke alarm batteries, light yard work, clean gutters, etc.? If so, we’d love to put you on our call list!
(Episodic, dependent upon client need)
- Medical Appointment Buddy – attend a Dr. appointment with a client who needs another set of ears or someone to take notes. You will not be asked to advise the patient, but they may need you to share your notes with a staff member or family. (Episodic, dependent upon client need)
- Organizational Assistant – periodically our clients are in need of someone to help them to de-clutter or organize their household. If you are someone that likes to help others to set up systems that will make their lives easier, this job is for you! (Episodic, dependent upon client need)
- Senior Chavurot – speakers, musicians, performers interested in bringing Jewish content into local retirement communities. Opportunities are available for anyone interested in leading Shabbat or Holiday services. One hour time commitment for each location. Excellent opportunity for groups, as well as individuals. (Monthly or quarterly)