Friends of the Library - Friends of the Library
Are you interested in helping out your local library? The Friends of the Library support the library through advocacy, fundraising, and community programming. Members of this group also volunteer time to promote literacy in the library and community at large.
How You Will Make a Difference
The Friends of the Library support, advocate, and raise funds for our library through ongoing book sales of gently used books. The proceeds from Friends fund-raising activities, are shared with the branch for purchasing various items not covered by city funding such as additional programming, collection development, and holiday decorations. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to expand their leadership skills and make a high-level impact on their local community.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist with sorting/organizing donated materials
- Assist with the big book sales, including setting up, merchandising, selling books, and post-sale clean up
- Support library activities
- Participate in bi-monthly group meetings
- Meet new people
- Become a library insider
- Connect with your community
- Build or enhance your teamwork skills
Willingness to volunteer at least once a month for a 6-month duration. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable engaging with youth and families
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work in groups
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 18+