Zoo Crew Program Description
Zoo Crew Season: Most months, the Zoo Crew will have two scheduled Saturday meetings, from 9:30am-12:00 noon, and you’ll need to attend at least six throughout the year. To be invited back for the next volunteer season, you must be a Zoo Crew member in good standing, which means you you follow directions, you work hard, and have not had any disciplinary problems.
1. The application must be completed by Friday, September 1st. The full application includes completed application and letter of recommendation. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. If your application is not completed by September 1st, you will not be considered for this program.
2. If you are accepted, there is a one-time program fee of $75.00 which covers the uniform, administrative and training costs for your first Zoo Crew season. This fee will be due on the Zoo Crew training day on September 16th, where you will also receive your uniform and become introduced to the program. Each year you return to the program, there is a $35 renewal fee. If you are accepted into the scholarship program, the fees will be waived each year.
1. Must be between the ages of 11-14 by September 1st, 2017. Turning 15 during the school year is fine.
2. Participants must attend a minimum of 6 meetings during the school year.
3. Zoo Crew Volunteers must follow the rules established in the “Policies and Contract."
Please call the Education Department at (415) 753-8123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.