Fix-It Clinics - 11.19: Fix-It Clinic - Farmington
It takes time and money to handle all the waste we throw away. When we reduce the amount of stuff we buy and eventually throw away, we end up with more time, space and money. Fix-It Clinics provide an opportunity for residents to receive free assistance from repair savvy volunteers guiding them through each step from troubleshooting to completed repair.
Several volunteer opportunities are available to help at a Fix-It Clinic. Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering are essential to making the clinics successful. General volunteers to greet residents are needed as well.
Empire Lake Shelter - Outdoors
Saturday, November 19
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist residents in simple repairs of various household items
- Provide and encourage a friendly environment of learning and troubleshooting
- Guide people through each step from troubleshooting to completed repair
- Volunteer fixers who have skills in soldering, electronics repair, electrical repair, sewing, wood working and general tinkering. General volunteers greet residents are needed as well
- Must be 16 years old or older
Minimum Time Commitment
Medium - May involve varying amounts of activity. Comfortable, sturdy shoes recommended.
For future dates and more information, check the Dakota County website.
Gopher Resources - Recycling Zone Educator
Phone: (612) 867-6524
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, November 19, 2022||11:30 AM||3:30 PM|