Community Item Swaps - 9.27: Community Swap - Outdoor Gear - West St. Paul
Outdoor gear takes up a lot of storage space and eventually may get thrown away. Not only is used gear easier on the budget, but it’s also better for the environment (reducing impact by reusing old materials). An outdoor gear swap provides an opportunity for residents to leave their unwanted outdoor gear and take as many items as they wish – for free. All gear left over after the event will be donated to a local reuse retailer.
Volunteers will assist with greeting residents, weighing gear brought in, and keeping swap area organized.
Dakota Lodge at Thompson County Park
1200 Stassen Lane
West St. Paul, MN 55118
Date & Time
Tuesday, September 27
4:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check people in and help them weigh their gear.
- Ensure room stays neat and tidy (folding clothing, help residents organize gear).
- Check residents out, ensuring they fill out a follow up survey.
- Assist with cleanup after the event is complete.
Minimum time commitment
Medium – May involve varying amounts of activity. Comfortable, sturdy shoes recommended.
Check the Dakota County website for more information and a handout. Go to www.dakotacounty.us, search swaps
Dakota County Environmental Technician
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes