Heritage Gardens - Heritage Gardener - Ongoing
Are you a passionate gardener interested in sharing your skills, meeting new people and connecting to Edmonton’s rich history through nature? Cultivate your passion as a Heritage Garden Volunteer at Fort Edmonton Park.
Fort Edmonton Park boasts 158 acres of beautiful parkland with gardens representing our diverse heritage in four distinct eras. The gardens are historically accurate and include the new Indigenous Peoples Experience, the Fort garden, which is representative of the period between 1795 and 1846, as well as kitchen, medicinal, herb and ornamental gardens throughout 1885 Street, 1905 Street and 1920 Street.
Horticultural experience/education required; Must have ability to lift/haul heavy items, kneel for long periods, dig, and perform other physical tasks as required.
This volunteer position is a commitment for approximately 8 months (April to October 15) with a minimum commitment of 40 hours. Scheduling of shifts is relatively flexible. The position may be renewed annually up to 5 years. May apply as a family unit, or an individual, must be over 18 yrs to volunteer independently. By signing up, you are indicating an interest in meeting with our gardening team for an informal interview.
We will be in touch soon to complete your sign up and arrange for an Orientation. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!
Want to learn more? Please contact Judy @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age Requirement Must be 18 years or older
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation Session Must be Must Attend
- Branch Volunteer Orientation Must be Must attend
- Covid Safety Training Must be Complete
- Interview required Must be Required
- Orientation (Code of Conduct 2022) Video Must be Complete
- References Required Must be Required
- Security Clearance Must be at least Basic Police Check