Opportunity Starts Here
The Parks and Recreation Department provides programming at 60+Recreation Centers, 13 pools and 7+ skate parks across The City of San Diego. This creates a wonderful opportunity for volunteers to connect with community members and provide specialized recreational experiences in an array of different activities. The size and diversity of San Diego provides a unique opportunity to provide recreational outreach, environmental enhancement, beautification and recreational program support to members of the community of all ages and backgrounds.
Under the supervision of Parks and Recreation Staff, Volunteers will support and assist with specialized recreational and sports programming, special events, litter abatement and environmental enhancement projects.
- Mandatory orientation and training
- COVID 19 policies and guidelines
- Sexual Harassment prevention training
- Participation Agreement
- Cyber security training
- Fingerprint and background checks (no cost to applicant) for specific opportunities.
- Be available weekly for short term or long-term opportunities
We would love you to apply!
- Returning volunteers
- 16 years of age and older
- Interest in recreation, sports, youth programs and the environment
- Ability to speak a second language is highly desirable.
- CPR/First aid certified if applicable (training provided for long-term volunteers).
Submitting an application is not a guarantee of placement.
You will receive a orientation date via email to attend a Zoom virtual meeting. At these meetings you will learn more about volunteer opportunities, where we need your help, and receive training.
We look forward to meeting you or seeing you again!
Your Personal Profile and Emails
Email is an important tool for communication between volunteers and supervisors. Please use a personal email address when filling out your information. Email addresses issued from places like schools and colleges often block our communications, and are NOT recommended.