MAKE A DIFFERENCE. VOLUNTEER
Volunteers at the Winnipeg Humane Society are individuals who give their time to make a difference in the lives of animals. Consider joining our Volunteer crew in 5 simple steps. Individuals can complete a portion of the onboarding process from the comfort of their own home and have up to three months to complete.
VOLUNTEER IN 5 EASY STEPS
STEP 1 – CHECK OUT THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Search and then review our current opportunities on the left menu which are categorized by WHS team, the type of activity, how often, and availability. This will help you determine what current opportunities are being offered that may compliment your interest & schedule. A “fill in an application” button will be available, which we ask you to complete when you find a current opportunity that interests you.
STEP 2 – THE INTERVIEW
Upon completion of your volunteer application, you will receive an email with ability to book your interview through an on-line appointment-based system with a volunteer services team member. Please review your email, as further instructions will follow once a date has been confirmed.
STEP 3 – THE ORIENTATION
Once your interview is complete you will receive an email with information on the volunteer orientation session dates and you can book the one you wish to attend. An on-line orientation session will be provided for those who are not able to attend in person.
STEP 4 –CHECKS & TRAINING
Some volunteer activities within our organization require a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. Checks will be reviewed and approved by the Manager, Volunteer Services and are considered current if obtained in the last six (6) months. Please review your email, as further instructions will follow regarding your activity and any necessary checks to be completed.
Once your orientation is complete, the WHS provides volunteers training free of charge on-line to provide more information about the WHS, and to ensure you have a good understanding of the tasks and responsibilities associated with your role and to better understand our shelter policies.
STEP 5 – FIRST SHIFT
We will schedule your first day with a volunteer mentor who will work with you until you feel comfortable with your team and in your activity.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of our team members: Volunteer@winnipeghumanesociety.ca
To protect all animals from suffering and to promote their welfare and dignity.
All animals are treated humanely.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are and will always be humane.
- We sincerely respect each other.
- We communicate proactively and we listen.
- We are humble and always willing to accept better and new ideas.
- We are committed to transparency and accountability.
- A community service organization committed to protecting animals from suffering, and to promoting their welfare and dignity.
- Generous partners and hardworking volunteers united in the belief that every animal deserves love.
- A non-profit, registered charity funded primarily by donations and events.
- The oldest animal shelter and welfare organization in Manitoba.
- Always growing, changing, and adapting to meet the needs of Winnipeg’s animal population.