Animal Care - RSPCA QLD
As an animal welfare organisation, RSPCA Qld have a variety of different volunteer roles involving hands-on animal interaction.
These roles are incredibly rewarding, but be warned - keeping animals happy and healthy requires a lot of cleaning! It can be physically demanding, and we need assistance every day of the year - whether it's sunshine or rain, a public holiday or a weekday. Of course, it's not just cleaning; there's plenty of opportunities for enrichment activities too.
Volunteer roles can involve working with:
- Domestic animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, or farmyard) at one of our Animal Care Centres
- Domestic animals recovering from illness or medical procedures at the Domestic Hospital or clinic
- Wildlife animals recovering or rehabilitating in preparation for release to the wild, or to a wildlife carer for further rehabilitation
If you're keen to volunteer in an animal care role, please have a look at our current vacancies and submit an application.
Volunteer Positions Available
- Animal Transfer Driver | Bundaberg
- Animal Transfer Driver | Cairns
- Animal Transfer Driver | Mackay
- Animal Transfer Driver | Townsville
- Animal Transfer Driver | Wacol & Surrounds
- Reptile Support Assistant | Wacol
- Wildlife Assistant | Eumundi
- Wildlife Driver | Wacol
- Wildlife Reception Assistant | Wacol
- Wildlife Vet Pick-Up Driver | Wacol
General Support - RSPCA QLD
While there are a lot of volunteer roles at RSPCA Qld are focused on caring for the animals in our animal care centres, we have many other roles that help support us in the other areas of our organisation!
There's a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to help keep RSPCA Qld moving like a well-oiled machine, so that we can continue to care for the animals and provide vital services to the community. Some volunteer roles require specialised skill sets or interests, so if this sounds like you, please have a look at our current vacancies.
Volunteers help us in areas such as the following:
- Marketing (e.g. graphic design, copywriting, photography)
- Call Centre and Customer Service
If you're keen to volunteer in a support volunteer role, please have a look at our current vacancies and submit an application.
Looking for an administrative volunteer role, and also passionate about Education? You might be interested in our Education Administration Assistant | Wacol role. Click here for more information!
Inspectorate & Rescue - RSPCA Qld
Our Inspectorate & Rescue team provides critical support to RSPCA Qld in a variety of roles.
In 2022, there were 28,177 animals that were attended to by one of our Rescue Units. Around 77% of these involved our beautiful Australian wildlife, including native birds, possums, koalas, kangaroos and wallabies.
If being out on the road and rescuing animals is appealing to you, the Rescue Unit Driver or Rescue Unit Assistant volunteer roles might suit you! These roles are also perfectly suited to people who want to volunteer together, such as teaming up with a friend or partner.
If you're looking for an opportunity to volunteer from home, and you have great listening and typing skills, the Administration Assistant (Transcriber) role could be perfect for you.
For all our current volunteering opportunities, please see the vacancies below.