Stratford Upon Avon Shop
We are looking for volunteers to join the team in our Stratford Upon Avon Clothing shop to support in all areas including: generating stock, merchandising, processing donations, raising awareness locally, assisting on the shop floor or supporting behind the scenes with social media and online sales.
The store is located at: 21, Greenhill Street, Stratford upon Avon, CV37 6LE
The opening hours are: Monday- Saturday 9am-5pm Sunday 10am-4pm
This is a great opportunity to become part of a great team, meet new people and gain retail skills.
Volunteering in our shops is very flexible, you can either commit to set hours each week or join us on a more flexible basis. Any time you can give helps us to fund our lifesaving missions.
In return we will give you all the training you need to be successful in the role, support from store management, a staff discount of 25% and the opportunity to gain experience working for a national charity.
To find out more please look at the different volunteer roles below or contact us at email@example.com
Do you have a keen interest in retail and a particular department that you would like to specialise in?
As a Volunteer Department Specialist you could play an important role in the running of the shop by:
Taking responsibility for a set department within the shop for example books, media, children’s, jewellery or clothing. If you have a specific interest then this is a great way to utilise it as a volunteer.
Engaging with customers by talking to them about the stock in your area
Using your creativity and eye for detail to ensure the department looks as appealing as possible to customers.
We are looking for new volunteers to support our Online Trading team
If you have an eye for detail and are looking for the chance to get involved in a unique area of our charity then this could be the opportunity for you.
You would be getting involved in:
- Sorting through donated stock and picking out items to sell online
- Assisting the Online Trading team by sending stock to our Head Offices
- Helping the Online Team to list items for sale on eBay and Amazon
- In some cases using the shop Facebook pages to sell products
Are you great at customer service and looking for a new opportunity to gain retail experience, meet new people and help your local community?
As a shop floor assistant some of the things you could get involved in are:
- Supporting us by serving customers at the tills
- Helping customers who need assistance on the shop floor
- Talking to customers about the work of our charity to spread the word and raise awareness about the fantastic things we do
As a shop floor assistant you would be the front face of the charity interacting with the public so we are always looking for new friendly faces to join us!
Do you keep up with the latest trends and know how to engage people online?
You could be the ideal person to help us raise brand awareness and make the best use of our shop social media account
As a Social Media Assistant you could help us by:
- Keeping our shop Facebook pages active and interesting by coming up with new content
- Sharing stories and photos on social media within our brand guidelines
- Coming up with ideas to help us grow our social media presence on different platforms to raise awareness of the charity and the fantastic work we do
- Working with our Online Trading team to sell key items through Facebook Marketplace and taking photos of these items for sale
Are you looking for a new way to use your local knowledge and connections for a good cause?
As a Volunteer Stock Generator you would be able to help us by:
- Engaging with individuals and businesses to help generate more stock for the shop for example by organising bag collections
- Identifying stock we are in most need of and finding creative ways to source this
- Talking to customers about donating stock in the future
- Promoting donation of stock in the local area.
Do you have an eye for detail and ability to work well as part of a team?
As a stock assistant some of the things you could get involved in are:
- Sorting through the many donations coming through our door to pick out the best items for sale
- Hanging and steaming clothes so that they look as attractive as possible to customers
- Pricing items ready to go on to the shop floor
If you are happy to get involved with the team and help us to process our donations then you are exactly the person we need to join us!
Do you have creative flair, an interest in retail and an eye for detail?
As a visual merchandiser some of the things you could get involved in are:
- Creating inspiring window displays to encourage more customers
- Working within our brand guidelines but also with your own creativity to make our shop floor look as attractive as possible
- Coming up with creative ways to present our stock seasonally and for specific charity campaigns