Oakham Home Shop
We are looking for volunteers to join the team in our Oakham Home shop to support in all areas including: generating stock, merchandising, processing donations, raising awareness locally, assisting on the shop floor or supporting behind the scenes with social media and online sales.
The store is located at: Cold Overton Road, Oakham, LE15 6NU
The opening hours are: Monday- Saturday 9am-5pm Sunday 10am-4pm
This is a great opportunity to become part of a great team, meet new people and gain retail skills.
Volunteering in our shops is very flexible, you can either commit to set hours each week or join us on a more flexible basis. Any time you can give helps us to fund our lifesaving missions.
In return we will give you all the training you need to be successful in the role, support from store management, a staff discount of 25% and the opportunity to gain experience working for a national charity.
To find out more please look at the different volunteer roles below or contact us at email@example.com
We are looking for new volunteers to support our Online Trading team
If you have an eye for detail and are looking for the chance to get involved in a unique area of our charity then this could be the opportunity for you.
You would be getting involved in:
- Sorting through donated stock and picking out items to sell online
- Assisting the Online Trading team by sending stock to our Head Offices
- Helping the Online Team to list items for sale on eBay and Amazon
- In some cases using the shop Facebook pages to sell products
Are you great at customer service and looking for a new opportunity to gain retail experience, meet new people and help your local community?
As a shop floor assistant some of the things you could get involved in are:
- Supporting us by serving customers at the tills
- Helping customers who need assistance on the shop floor
- Talking to customers about the work of our charity to spread the word and raise awareness about the fantastic things we do
As a shop floor assistant you would be the front face of the charity interacting with the public so we are always looking for new friendly faces to join us!
Do you have an eye for detail and ability to work well as part of a team?
As a stock assistant some of the things you could get involved in are:
- Sorting through the many donations coming through our door to pick out the best items for sale
- Hanging and steaming clothes so that they look as attractive as possible to customers
- Pricing items ready to go on to the shop floor
If you are happy to get involved with the team and help us to process our donations then you are exactly the person we need to join us!
Do you have a keen interest in retail and a particular department that you would like to specialise in?
As a Volunteer Department Specialist you could play an important role in the running of the shop by:
Taking responsibility for a set department within the shop for example books, media, children’s, jewellery or clothing. If you have a specific interest then this is a great way to utilise it as a volunteer.
Engaging with customers by talking to them about the stock in your area
Using your creativity and eye for detail to ensure the department looks as appealing as possible to customers.
Are you good with electricals and keen to learn a new skill?
This Electrical Donation tester role could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As an Electrical Donation Tester you would be getting involved in:
- Trialling our electrical items donated to make sure all the functions work
- Learning how to use the PAT testing machine to make sure the items are safe to use
- Ensuring that once electrical items have been tested they are ready to be sold on the shop floor
Helping us to be able to sell our electrical donations really does make a huge difference to shop sales
Are you looking for a new Challenge?
Do you like being out and about meeting new people, Physically fit and able to lift and move items, work as part of a team?
You will out on the road with a staff member to help deliver and collect stock from shop to shop in the area.
This could be the exact volunteering role for you!