Volunteer Project Opportunities
We have a number of project opportunities at The Air Ambulance Service which we are looking for highly skilled people to help us with. We realise that many people are going through difficult times at the moment and may find themselves with extra time on their hands. Can we help you by asking you to help us? Enhance your CV while giving valuable support to our service which is not funded by the government and provides life-saving services at no cost to the NHS.
At the Children’s Air Ambulance we have created a special fundraising club for Children and young people called #TheCrew. It is an exciting time for #TheCrew as we have recently reached a massive 1000 members across the country with an average age of 7.
We are now working to create a series of workshop learning resources to share with schools to spread awareness about the lifesaving work of the Children’s Air Ambulance. To support with this project we are looking for a volunteer with a background in education who would be able to help us to design the materials
Ideally you would:
- Be comfortable with an understanding of the National Curriculum so that you can suggest ways of ensuring our resources are of a similar level and style
- Be able to create content aimed at key stage 2 age group (7-11)
- Have some experience of lesson planning
- Be creative and able to help us design exciting materials and activities!
This would initially be a short-term project but we are rapidly expanding #TheCrew so there may also opportunities to support our team on a longer term basis.
Our charity Head Office is in Rugby Warwickshire but this volunteer role can be done remotely so you wouldn’t need to travel.
At The Air Ambulance Service a key part of our fundraising strategy is building a network of corporate charity partners who could work with us in a variety of ways from sponsoring an event to supporting our reuse department. Our National Partnerships Manager is looking for a research volunteer to assist her with mapping key locations and gathering information about potential new partners to approach. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your research skills to support lifesaving charity.
Ideally you would be someone with
- A business background so that you can understand how large corporates operate and the best way to approach them
- Good IT skills and be comfortable using spreadsheets to store information
- The ability to manage your own time and research with support when needed
- Strong communication skills and confidence to approach new people
Ideally you would be based in the Warwickshire/ Northamptonshire area so that once Covid-19 restrictions allow you would be able to meet with our National Partnerships Manager in person on some occasions.
Volunteering with us is very flexible and as this role would be mainly home based you can volunteer any hours which fit in with your schedule and you wouldn’t be restricted to office hours.
We will provide you with all of the information you will need about the charity to be able to make approaches
We currently have 56 retail shops across the country ranging from discount stores, through to our flagship superstores selling donated products from our loyal supporters and customers. To support the donated stock, we buy in new goods to offer customers a full product range and to help raise vital income. We are looking for someone with experience in buying and selecting product ranges for retail high street stores and online platforms to support our small team on the overall process management of these products from purchase through to shop floor. There is great potential in this area of our business and a perfect time to review this current offering to ensure the model works for 2021 and onwards.
We need people who:
- Are experienced in buying and ranging of merchandise
- Have good supplier management skills
- Are up to date with current market trends
- Can analyse our current process and suggest improvements we could make
- Understand stock management and shrinkage protection
This role would be based at our Daventry office but you could also support us remotely from home if you live further away.
Our warehouse space in Daventry houses our Online Sales, New Goods, Clothing Bank Stock, Asset Recovery Department and some office space! These are some of the fastest growing areas of the charity so it really has to work hard for us. We need someone to help us make the most of the space we have, make efficiencies and help us get the best out of what we have. Can you help us?
We are looking for someone:
- With logistics experience
- Who has worked or is currently working in warehousing and distribution
- Has a good understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Who understands workflow management and can help us to maximise space and make improvements.
This role would be based at our Daventry Warehouse and working with our Head of Reuse. The amount of time you can volunteer for is very flexible but we would ideally be looking for someone who can give a minimum of 10 hours per month.
Our charity receives a huge volume of donated goods, but we also move a lot of stock around the business to support stores with lower intakes. We are looking for someone to analyse our data and processes and help us to become more efficient and streamlined in our approach with the goal of becoming both more cost effective and reducing our carbon footprint.
If you have experience in logistics or supply chains and are looking for a new challenge and opportunity to use your skills to support a charity then you might be able to help us.
Ideally we need a volunteer who:
- Is familiar with supply chain processes
- Can analyse large amounts of data and suggest improvements
- Can communicate effectively with people across the business
For this role you could be based anywhere and support us remotely. It would help if you are able to visit our Daventry Warehouse and some of our shops to see our current processes in person but you wouldn’t necessarily need to travel regularly
Charity retail is having to adapt at a pace never seen before. Selling our products online is one of the many ways we need to change to protect our vital income. We need to make our products look the best that they can to get the best possible price for them. Can you help to train our online sales teams and store managers on how to get the best image?
We are looking for experienced photographers who:
- Have a strong understanding of product photography
- Would be willing to run some training sessions for us either in person or virtually via Microsoft Teams
- Have a good knowledge of online trading and can help us to tailor our product photos for platforms such as eBay, Facebook and other social media sites
This role could be based anywhere if you are able to travel occasionally and support remotely. It would be great if you were close enough to be able to visit our Daventry site to see how the online team currently operate but this wouldn’t need to be a regular journey.
Volunteering is very flexible so whether you would be able to run a one-off training session for us or help us with this project longer term we would love to hear from you.