Alfreton Superstore Landing Pad
We are looking for volunteers to join the team in our Alfreton Landing Pad Café to support in all areas including serving customers, learning how to make drinks using our coffee machine, Cleaning and clearing tables, Food Preparation and helping with admin duties.
The Café is Located within our Superstore at: Nottingham Road, Alfreton DE55 4JJ
Café opening times are Monday-Saturday 9.30am-4.30pm Sunday 10am-3pm
This is a great opportunity to become part of a great team, meet new people and gain catering skills.
Volunteering in our café is very flexible, you can either commit to set hours each week or join us on a more flexible basis. Any time you can give helps us to fund our lifesaving missions.
In return we will give you all the food hygiene and safety training you need to be successful in the role once completed you will receive a food safety certificate, you will receive 15% discount on Food and drinks whilst on shift and 25% discount within the superstore on Donated items.
Support from store management and the opportunity to gain experience working for a national charity.
To find out more please look at the different volunteer roles below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*We now require all Volunteers to complete a basic DBS check and provide two references, you will be contacted regarding these as part of the application process.
Do you have great customer service skills and enjoy meeting new people?
As a Café Assistant you can get involved in:
- Till operator
- Preparing food orders for customers
- Learning to use the coffee machine to make hot drinks
- Cleaning and clearing tables to make sure they are ready for customers
Are you good at organising? Do you like a challenge and making sure records and files are in order?
As Volunteer Area Support Administrator, you would be involved in:
- Supporting the area manager with various admin tasks
- Ensuring all records and reports are kept up to date
- Completing purchase orders and produce research when needed
Volunteering is very flexible in this role you would be required to commit to 8 hours a week working from home. All IT equipment will be provided with full training and ongoing support.
Are you good at organising, recording, date checking and stock management to ensure all safety measures are adhered to within a catering environment?
Then you are just the person we are looking for!
As a Cafe Food safety Volunteer some of the thing you could get involved in are
- Checking Café Emails
- Date Checking our Produce
- Recording Temperatures
- Keeping the Cafe Documents and Records up to date.
- Filing, Printing Price Tickets,
- Printing Spare Paperwork for Opening and Closing Checks etc.
If you are happy to get involved with the team and help keep our admin organised then you are exactly the person, we need to join us
Are you great at Customer service and greeting people? Do you like to make people feel special?
As a Volunteer Cafe Companion, you would be:
- Greeting our customers
- Leading them to a table
- Advising on any specials we have on offer
- Enquiring is everything is ok with their food/drinks
- Clearing their plates away and chatting to them about their day
- Going above and beyond to ensure their visit is enjoyable as possible.
If you are happy to get involved with the team and help, make our Customers Journey the best it can possibly be then you are exactly the person, we need to join us