Parks - Individual Opportunities
The City is looking for volunteers for its Natural Ice Rink Program for the 2021-22 winter season. There are 46 approved sites across the City for the natural ice rink program. Approved sites have electricity, water, and a suitable level area that can accommodate a natural ice rink. City Staff provide a heated rink hut and install the rink boards once three volunteers are confirmed for the park. The parks listed below still require volunteers to support the natural ice rink program.
The volunteer icemakers are expected to make and maintain the natural ice surface. Duties include flooding the rink to make ice and shovelling snow off the ice surface every time it snows. Volunteers will need to be comfortable working outdoors in cold temperatures, likely in the late evening during after-dark hours.
As per the City of Mississauga’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, volunteers must be fully vaccinated as a condition of participating in most volunteer programming or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City . Opportunities requiring proof of full vaccination will indicate this requirement, and successful candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated before their first volunteer shift.
Note: “Fully Vaccinated” is defined by the Province of Ontario and currently means 14 days have passed since receiving:
• The second in a two-dose series of Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca or a combination of any two); or
• A single-dose of the Health Canada approved Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine; or
• One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada; or
• Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; or
• Receiving a mandated booster dose.