Community & Education
Unleash your passion for animal welfare and be the catalyst for change!
Join the RSPCA in their mission to make a real difference in the lives of animals. With a range of engaging volunteer opportunities, you can be part of their community and education initiatives that shape hearts, minds, and behaviours. Your contribution will fuel the RSPCA's vital work, touching countless lives.
Step into the spotlight as you assist in community action days and deliver captivating presentations to schools and community groups. Share the vital message of responsible pet ownership and animal welfare, igniting a spark of empathy and compassion in young minds.
Experience the power of collective action as RSPCA rallies local communities through proactive People & Pets activations, creating thriving animal welfare networks. Embark on education visits to schools and communities, leaving an indelible mark on hearts and minds.
Together, let's transform communities into beacons of compassion and build a future where every animal receives the love and care they deserve.
Volunteer with the RSPCA and ignite change in the world, one paw at a time!
Check out the video below to learn all about our Community days!
If you are interested in becoming a part of a team of passionate people making a proactive and positive difference in your community, please click one of the available roles below to join the team.
Together we change lives!
Volunteer Positions Available
As an animal welfare organisation, RSPCA Qld have a variety of different volunteer roles involving hands-on animal interaction.
These roles are incredibly rewarding, but be warned - keeping animals happy and healthy requires a lot of cleaning! It can be physically demanding, and we need assistance every day of the year - whether it's sunshine or rain, a public holiday or a weekday. Of course, it's not just cleaning; there's plenty of opportunities for enrichment activities too.
Volunteer roles can involve working with:
- Domestic animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, or farmyard) at one of our Animal Care Centres
- Gardening & Maintenance
- Administration Support and Department roles
If you're keen to volunteer in an animal care role, please have a look at our current vacancies and submit an application.
Volunteer Opportunities available at our Dakabin Campus
Foster carers provide temporary homes for animals in the care of RSPCA who may need respite from the shelter environment, support to recover from an illness or just extra TLC until they are ready to find their forever home.
How do you become a foster carer?
- Fill in an Application Form so we can get to know you.
- Complete our NEW 1 Hour online training.
- Take part in a quick 20 minute virtual property check.
What type of animals are available to foster?
Please review foster regions below for specific priority needs across the state
- Puppies and kittens that are too young for rehoming.
- Animals recovering from illness or injury before being available for adoption.
- Animals requiring behaviour support work.
- Animals that need a safe haven due to a Domestic Violence.
- Animals that have to be evacuated from an emergency situation e.g. floods, bushfires, cyclone.
- Home Ever After animals that are waiting for their owner to return from hospital or whose owner has passed away and are waiting to be rehomed.
Important things to think about when considering Fostering:
- The RSPCA will work hard to ensure they make the best foster matches for you, based on your current situation and the animals needs. Placing the right animal, with the right carer, in the right situation is our priority.
- Being flexible with what animals you can open your home to, opens you to the most potential for placement.
- The Foster length greatly varies from animal to animal depending on their situation, in general most foster lengths are between 2 weeks and 6 months.
- Foster carers must be over 18 and have access to a reliable vehicle/transport.
- Landlord and Body Corporate approvals are required, which can take time to source.
- Current pets in your home must be up to date with vaccinations.
To begin your application process, review the foster regions below.