Animal Care - RSPCA QLD
As an animal welfare organisation, RSPCA Qld have a variety of different volunteer roles involving hands-on animal interaction.
These roles are incredibly rewarding, but be warned - keeping animals happy and healthy requires a lot of cleaning! It can be physically demanding, and we need assistance every day of the year - whether it's sunshine or rain, a public holiday or a weekday. Of course, it's not just cleaning; there's plenty of opportunities for enrichment activities too.
Volunteer roles can involve working with:
- Domestic animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, or farmyard) at one of our Animal Care Centres
- Domestic animals recovering from illness or medical procedures at the Domestic Hospital or clinic
- Wildlife animals recovering or rehabilitating in preparation for release to the wild, or to a wildlife carer for further rehabilitation
If you're keen to volunteer in an animal care role, please have a look at our current vacancies and submit an application.
General Support - RSPCA QLD
While there are a lot of volunteer roles at RSPCA Qld are focused on caring for the animals in our animal care centres, we have many other roles that help support us in the other areas of our organisation!
There's a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to help keep RSPCA Qld moving like a well-oiled machine, so that we can continue to care for the animals and provide vital services to the community. Some volunteer roles require specialised skill sets or interests, so if this sounds like you, please have a look at our current vacancies.
Volunteers help us in areas such as the following:
- Animal Ambulance (drivers and assistants)
- Marketing (e.g. graphic design, copywriting, photography)
- Call Centre and Customer Service
If you're keen to volunteer in a support volunteer role, please have a look at our current vacancies and submit an application.
Looking for an administrative volunteer role, and also passionate about Education? You might be interested in our Education Administration Assistant | Wacol role. Click here for more information!
Volunteer Positions Available
- Animal Ambulance Driver and Assistants | Brisbane/Wacol
- Animal Ambulance Driver | Logan
- Animal Ambulance Driver | Rockhampton
- Animal Transfer Driver - Long Distance | Central + South East Queensland
- Animal Transfer Driver - Long Distance | North Queensland
- Gardening & Maintenance Assistant | Eumundi
Op Shops & Retail - RSPCA QLD
As a not for profit organisation, we rely on the support of the community to be sustainable. Our Op Shops and World For Pets stores play an important role in contributing to the success of RSPCA Qld, helping us to raise 20% of our annual income.
If you have a passion for op shopping, fashion, retail, customer service, being an environmental warrior or helping animals in need, the RSPCA Op Shop team want you!
Op Shop Assistants help with with customer service, point of sales operations, merchandising, sorting, and undertaking general op shop duties. In some of our shops we have cats and kittens that are available for adoption, so you may be able to help out caring for them while they wait for their furever home.
We also have Op Shop Driver Assistants who with with driving the RSPCA Op Shop truck, collecting donated items from the local area and delivering furniture to the customer once purchased.
We may also have volunteers assisting in our World For Pets store, which can be a great way to learn new skills and gain work experience.
Please see the current vacancies below!
Donate & Shop
Shopping at the range of Op Shops located around Queensland is a great way to find a bargain on clothing, household items, bric a brac, accessories and furniture, while helping to raise much needed funds to help over 50,000 animals RSPCA Qld cares for each year. Click here to see our Op Shop locations.
We happily accept most items provided they are suitable for resale in our Op Shops, in good working order, not broken, damaged, stained or torn.
- New or pre-loved clothing, handbags, shoes, accessories, jewellery
- Good quality bric-a-brac and homewares
- Saleable quality books and pre-loved toys
- Dvds, Cds and vinyl records
- Saleable quality sporting goods
- Furniture (please note that only selected RSPCA Op shops can accept furniture items)
Due to health and safety reasons there are certain items we are unable to accept including:
- Pillows and mattresses
- Opened toiletries and consumables
- Motorcycle and bicycle helmets
- High chairs, cots, baby capsules and prams without the Australian Standard.
- Any items that are broken or incomplete.
Due to our limited transferring resources we kindly request all animal goods be donated directly to your local RSPCA animal centre.