Community & Events - RSPCA QLD
To achieve our goals, RSPCA QLD need the help of the community to join us as volunteers and assist with our many engagements and events throughout the year.
Community Fundraising and Events not only brings in much needed funds which allow the RSPCA to continue to assist animals in need across Queensland but also provides Community Awareness for our cause, providing education regarding animal welfare and further donation or fundraising opportunities. Our annual events, such as Million Paws Walk and Santa Paws, also help to raise funds and awareness - and are lots of fun to volunteer at!
Joining the Community Crew is perfect for those who love being social, enjoy a variety of community based events or have only a small amount of time available to donate but still want to make an impact for the RSPCA.
Volunteers who assist us as Community Crew or Events Volunteers can get involved with:
- Corporate/Community Golf Days
- Community Fundraising Galas
- Million Paws Walk
- Cup Cake Day
- Paw Box Collection Campaigns (Coin Donations)
- Local Community Events - Bake Sales, Sausage Sizzles
- School Fundraisers
- Major Events i.e. Sporting Events
- Challenge Based Events i.e. Fun Runs, Marathons, Treks
Please see our vacancies below to join the team!
General Support - RSPCA QLD
While there are a lot of volunteer roles at RSPCA Qld are focused on caring for the animals in our animal care centres, we have many other roles that help support us in the other areas of our organisation!
There's a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to help keep RSPCA Qld moving like a well-oiled machine, so that we can continue to care for the animals and provide vital services to the community. Some volunteer roles require specialised skill sets or interests, so if this sounds like you, please have a look at our current vacancies.
Volunteers help us in areas such as the following:
- Animal Ambulance (drivers and assistants)
- Marketing (e.g. graphic design, copywriting, photography)
- Call Centre and Customer Service
If you're keen to volunteer in a support volunteer role, please have a look at our current vacancies and submit an application.
Volunteer Positions Available
Op Shops & Retail - RSPCA QLD
As a not for profit organisation, we rely on the support of the community to be sustainable. Our Op Shops and World For Pets stores play an important role in contributing to the success of RSPCA Qld, helping us to raise 20% of our annual income.
If you have a passion for op shopping, fashion, retail, customer service, being an environmental warrior or helping animals in need, the RSPCA Op Shop team want you!
Op Shop Assistants help with with customer service, point of sales operations, merchandising, sorting, and undertaking general op shop duties. In some of our shops we have cats and kittens that are available for adoption, so you may be able to help out caring for them while they wait for their furever home.
We also have Op Shop Driver Assistants who with with driving the RSPCA Op Shop truck, collecting donated items from the local area and delivering furniture to the customer once purchased.
We may also have volunteers assisting in our World For Pets store, which can be a great way to learn new skills and gain work experience.
Please see the current vacancies below!
Donate & Shop
Shopping at the range of Op Shops located around Queensland is a great way to find a bargain on clothing, household items, bric a brac, accessories and furniture, while helping to raise much needed funds to help over 50,000 animals RSPCA Qld cares for each year. Click here to see our Op Shop locations.
We happily accept most items provided they are suitable for resale in our Op Shops, in good working order, not broken, damaged, stained or torn.
- New or pre-loved clothing, handbags, shoes, accessories, jewellery
- Good quality bric-a-brac and homewares
- Saleable quality books and pre-loved toys
- Dvds, Cds and vinyl records
- Saleable quality sporting goods
- Furniture (please note that only selected RSPCA Op shops can accept furniture items)
Due to health and safety reasons there are certain items we are unable to accept including:
- Pillows and mattresses
- Opened toiletries and consumables
- Motorcycle and bicycle helmets
- High chairs, cots, baby capsules and prams without the Australian Standard.
- Any items that are broken or incomplete.
Due to our limited transferring resources we kindly request all animal goods be donated directly to your local RSPCA animal centre.
Volunteer Positions Available
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Ascot
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Bundall
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Bundaberg
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Gympie
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Labrador
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | New Farm
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | North Tamborine
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Robina
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Rockhampton
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Sherwood
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Stones Corner
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Toowooomba
- Volunteer Op Shop Assistant | Wacol