Student Work Placement Program
- The City is unable to guarantee a placement.
- Student Work Placements are sought after and limited.
- When answering the application questions use examples where possible in your response.
- Use your response to every question as an opportunity to standout from everyone else.
- If you have a resume, this will help us learn more about you and your skills.
- You may also have to meet with us in person to discuss your application further.
- Refer to this checklist before you start the application form as you may need to obtain further information.
- Clicking on this yellow information icon next to the questions on the application form will give you further information and helpful tips.
- Preference will be given to students living and studying at schools in the City of Greater Bendigo.
- The processing of your application can take a minimum of two weeks
- All students need to be attending an educational institution or an approved home schooled program that is secondary school equivalent.
Work Experience is a 5-day short-term placement of secondary school students in year 10. The City hopes to provide the student with insights into our industry, local government, and the workplace. While undertaking work experience, students will observe different aspects of work and may assist with tasks allocated by their supervisor, but will not be expected to undertake activities which require extensive training or expertise.
Practical placements are undertaken by students in post-secondary vocational education and training (VET) courses and are intended to develop job-related skills in the area of the particular post-secondary course. They vary widely in duration and content from course to course.