Dakota County General Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Citizen Advisory Committees
Dakota County Citizen Advisory Committees support County government by involving citizens in the decision-making process, meeting requirements of state law, helping to define community norms and standards, providing technical expertise, serving as advocates, offering feedback, and reflecting the diverse interests of County clients and residents.
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Citizen Advisory Committee
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: County Special Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Extension Committee
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Library Advisory Committee
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Planning Commission
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Public Art Citizen Advisory Committee
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Workforce Advisory Committee
- Adult Citizen Advisory Committees: Zoning Board of Adjustment Committee
- Youth Citizen Advisory Committees: Extension Committee
- Youth Citizen Advisory Committees: Library Advisory Committee
- Youth Citizen Advisory Committees: Public Art Citizen Advisory Committee
Eagle Scout and Gold Award Projects
Heading Home Dakota is a 10 year plan to prevent and end homelessness, which was finalized in 2012. The work to create it included a variety of surveys and focus groups, a community retreat, analysis and utilization of data on homelessness in Dakota County, and the development of a strategic plan and an implementation guide to meet the needs in our community. Please check out our plan and join us in our effort to end homelessness in Dakota County!
Internships & Temporary Positions
Dakota County is looking for the best and the brightest to join our team and take on the challenging and rewarding work of public service. The work we do is unique – we protect public health, keep our communities safe, ensure our vulnerable residents are cared for, help residents get back on their feet; protect our natural resources, get veterans the help they deserve, make sure traffic flows efficiently, inspire children to read and so much more. Grow your career at Dakota County where you can truly “Be More.”
DISCLAIMER: The opportunities listed below are not managed by Dakota County but instead are associated with an organization located in Dakota County. You may have to complete additional steps with the host organization to fully apply for this opportunity. The organizations that host these opportunities take full responsibility for the management of the events listed below.