Dakota County Public Health
The Public Health Department provides a limited number of opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students from educational institutions that have a current agreement or contract with Dakota County.
- Preference will be given to students living in Dakota County.
- Preference may be given to students currently enrolled at local schools, or schools within Minnesota.
- A written agreement/contract must be in place between Dakota County and the college/university before the student will be accepted.
- An interview may be requested before accepting a student.
- Written and verbal contact from the school instructor is required before placement.
The following dates will serve as guidelines in making placement decisions:
- Fall Semester - Request must be received by June 1
- Spring Semester - Request must be received by November 1
- Summer Semester - Request must be received by March 1
Contact us at Public.Health@co.dakota.mn.us or 651-554-6156 if you have any questions.
Medical Reserve Corps - Dakota County
The Dakota County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is part of a national network of volunteers that are trained to assist with emergency and non-emergency public health events. Dakota County Public Health is always looking for engaged and active community members to help strengthen the county’s preparedness capabilities and overall health.