Dakota County Community Corrections
Community Corrections has a broad range of volunteer and intern opportunities available. We offer unique opportunities, whether you want to contribute to your community or are a student looking for work experience to fulfill academic requirements. Position openings vary throughout the year.
Examples of volunteer and intern opportunities
- Help with juvenile offenders engaged in community projects
- Assist probation officers in juvenile or adult supervision
- Assist juveniles participating in extended day treatment
- Perform computer queries on information systems
- Help manage paperwork
Dakota County Sheriff's Office
The Dakota County Sheriff’s Office enhances the training and education of students pursuing careers in law enforcement, corrections and criminal justice, so students gain practical experience. Interns have the opportunity to shadow deputies within various divisions in effort to provide them with a holistic view of the many opportunities available at the Dakota County Sheriff’s Office.
Dakota County Social Services
.Social Services Internship Opportunities
Dakota County Social Services Internship Program
The Dakota County Department of Social Services provides broad range of programs and services that enhance the well-being of individuals and families in the community. We offer a limited number of internships for associates, undergraduate and graduate degree students looking to fulfill academic degree requirements.
- Submission of an online application, resume, and cover letter.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- A brief interview conducted by county staff.
- A written agreement between Dakota County and the college or university prior to acceptance.
- Meeting between the school contact and intern supervisor prior to start date.
Internships for 2023-2024 are closed at this time. Thank you.