Dakota County Community Corrections
Community Corrections has a broad range of volunteer and intern opportunities available. We offer unique opportunities, whether you want to contribute to your community or are a student looking for work experience to fulfill academic requirements. Position openings vary throughout the year.
Examples of volunteer and intern opportunities
- Help with juvenile offenders engaged in community projects
- Assist probation officers in juvenile or adult supervision
- Assist juveniles participating in extended day treatment
- Perform computer queries on information systems
- Help manage paperwork
Dakota County Public Health
The Public Health Department provides a limited number of opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students from educational institutions that have a current agreement or contract with Dakota County.
- Preference will be given to students living in Dakota County.
- Preference may be given to students currently enrolled at local schools, or schools within Minnesota.
- A written agreement/contract must be in place between Dakota County and the college/university before the student will be accepted.
- An interview may be requested before accepting a student.
- Written and verbal contact from the school instructor is required before placement.
The following dates will serve as guidelines in making placement decisions:
- Fall Semester - Request must be received by June 1
- Spring Semester - Request must be received by November 1
- Summer Semester - Request must be received by March 1
Contact us at Public.Health@co.dakota.mn.us or 651-554-6156 if you have any questions.
Dakota County Sheriff's Office
The Dakota County Sheriff’s Office enhances the training and education of students pursuing careers in law enforcement, corrections and criminal justice, so students gain practical experience. Interns have the opportunity to shadow deputies within various divisions in effort to provide them with a holistic view of the many opportunities available at the Dakota County Sheriff’s Office.