Dakota County Emergency Response and Disaster Relief
Dakota County staff works closely with federal, state and local emergency preparedness partners to improve our readiness and response to natural disasters and other emergencies.
- The County continually evaluates hazards and seeks ways to keep preparedness at the highest level.
- Detailed response plans are prepared, tested, and modified.
- Training exercises conducted throughout the year help maintain staff proficiency; teach us how to locate, communicate with, and work with our partners; and improve our ability to respond to emergencies.
- The County educates residents, businesses, schools and community organizations about possible emergencies and how to best prepare.
- Our emergency responders are well-skilled and coordinated to provide quick and effective response.