40 Degreez Centre (Farnham)
The 40 Degreez Centre provides a venue for all young people in the Farnham area (currently around 5000 in the age range 10 to 25 years old) to meet in a safe and informal environment, supporting a variety of leisure, social and advisory activities.
Catalyst is a non-profit organisation working with people who are dealing with issues stemming from drug and alcohol misuse and mental health.
Guildford-based for over 30 years, we work throughout Surrey and its borders in partnership with a wide variety of statutory and non-statutory organisations and bodies to provide support.
Kindness Integrity, Commitment
- Reception/Admin Support Volunteer
- Amigo Volunteer
- Bookshop Volunteer
- Outline Helpline Volunteers
- Tuesday Social Drop In Volunteer
- Tuesday Evening Anxiety and Depression Support Group
- Tuesday PM Walk Volunteers
- Wednesday Social Drop In Volunteer
- Young Persons Group Volunteer
- Outline Volunteers - Can you help?
- Admin Support Volunteer
Creative Response Arts (Ltd) (Farnham)
Park Barn Learning Centre
To work with partners to ensure that those, in Surrey and beyond, who have missed out on learning in the past, have opportunities to learn and to reach their full potential.
Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre - RASASC Guildford
To provide a clear, accessible pathway for Surrey-based survivors of rape and sexual abuse, through confidential and specialist person-centred services. To work to reduce perceived stigmas associated with rape and sexual abuse through education and awareness raising.
Volunteer Counsellors Needed
Surrey Drug and Alcohol Care Helpline
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care is a registered charity which has been set up as a result of a need in the county of Surrey for a confidential Freephone help line for substance misusers and those with mild to moderate mental health problems, their families, friends and colleagues, aiming to make a difference to their lives. Trained volunteers respond to the distress caused by substance misuse or mental health on a high quality help line that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, emphasising empowerment and self-help.
- To provide information about county and countrywide resources and support to persons and organisations helping people experiencing the effects of substance misuse.
- To promote mental health well being county-wide.
- To promote, liaise and exchange information with relevant agencies both within the Surrey area and outside.
- To raise public awareness of the continuing impact of substance misuse.
- To advance the education of the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol amongst those young students in full time education in Surrey and professional groups.
- Website: www.sdac-helpline.co.uk
- Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/610138639182651/
The Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion (the Legion) is the UK's leading Armed Forces charity, providing practical, emotional and financial support to all members of the British Armed Forces past and present, and their families. Our mission is to provide welfare, comradeship, representation and Remembrance for the Armed Forces Community.
The Welcome Project
Our aim and mission
Unlocking potential and supporting people to overcome life challenges.
One in 4 of us experience mental health problems every year. We believe that nobody should face mental health problems on their own, experience stigma or discrimination. We all have the right to be well both mentally and physically.
What we do
We provide services and support that focuses on people’s needs to regain their power and strength, lead a well-balanced life, maintain and increase their feeling of well-being. We accept referrals from GPs, CMHRSs and other charities, service providers. And people can self-refer as well.
Why we do it
We all feel less than fine at some time in our lives and often we can feel lonely, stressed, bored or at our wits end. We are not medics, not trying to sell you anything and not on a mission to convert you, we are just genuinely interested in making your world a better place.
YMCA DownsLink Group (Guildford)
YMCA Guildford is a Christian charity which aims to engage young people, aged between 13 to 25 years of age, through positive relationships and help them move on in their journey of personal development.
YMCA Guildford’s vision is of an inclusive Christian Movement, transforming our local communities so that all young people truly belong, contribute and thrive.