(Sandy Hill Community Bungalow) Hale Community Centre
261 (Guildford) Squadron Air Training Corps
To be the modern, dynamic, sustainable organisation of choice for young people, offering fun and challenging opportunities.
Age UK Surrey
Age UK Surrey aims to:
- promote the wellbeing of older people in Surrey
- improve public awareness of issues concerning ageing
- influence public policy to meet the needs of older people
- work with other agencies in the provision of relevant services for older people
If you have the time - however little - there are so many ways in which you can help.
The rewards are great. You will use your skills, meet new people, have fun and find it very, very rewarding. You can be sure that the time you give is making a positive difference to older people in the community.
ENGLISH REGIONAL TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION
The English Regional Transport Association(ERTA)is a voluntary membership-based, pro-public transport improvement association with several of its projects having a nation-wide positive benefit and impact. Membership is open to all.
Girlguiding Surrey West - Herons Wey (Farnham)
Girlguiding is the largest organisation for girls and young women in the UK. The aim is to sustain and promote a stimulating and enjoyable programme of activities. These will help girls and young women develop their potential and enable them to play an active role in their community.
To enhance the lives of all those we come into contact with.
Heavens Road fm Catholic Radio (Guildford)
Our Mission is to celebrate our Catholic Faith bt broadcasting a Catholic internet radio station with a wide mix of interesting and original programmes which showcase the creative talent within our Catholic community.
Medical Cadet Training Corps
MCTC Mission Statement
The Medical Cadet Training Corps provides an environment where young people can learn, practice, focus, enjoy, feel safe and develop leadership skills in the following subjects, Military knowledge of the field gun, Physical fitness, social skills and extensive first aid training, we are also keen on teaching cadets ethical decision making and providing help to the community. The MCTC is able to reach at-risk young people and offer much needed care and support. For these aspirations to become reality however, it is essential that the MCTC is seen to be firmly rooted within the life of the wider community, and supported by all organisations, businesses, charities, schools, the local authority and anyone that is there to support children in our community, and that wherever possible, young people are provided with the opportunity to participate in the life of that community. Through the programmes, activities and ethos of the MCTC, the officers and instructors guide and support young people and act as mentors and role models in their personal, social and physical development. The programmes that the MCTC provides will create opportunity for the young people to develop into mature and responsible adults who will play an important role within their communities and wider society.
I Clarke (MCTC CEO and Commandant)
Park Barn Learning Centre
To work with partners to ensure that those, in Surrey and beyond, who have missed out on learning in the past, have opportunities to learn and to reach their full potential.
Pond Meadow Academy Trust (Bellfields)
Pond Meadow Academy is a school for about 100 children aged 3 to 19 with profound disabilities. It is a deeply caring educational environment where children are nurtured and stimulated by skilled and deciated staff.
Roots for the Future (Godalming)
Our mission is to engage communities in tree planting to cultivate a lasting legacy of environmental sustainability.
We envisage a future where communities are inspired to implement natural solutions to climate change.
We believe community activities, like Roots for the Future’s are at the root of curbing the global issue of climate change.
Rowleys Centre for the Community Cranleigh
Rowleys Centre for the Community is situated in the heart of the centre of Cranleigh. We pride ourselves on being a community venue offering many additional advantages to the local community beyond the purpose for which it was initially intended. Providing high quality services to maintain and improve the health and wellbeing of our local community is at the heart of what we do.
Rowleys primarily offers a place for the older population to socialise, keep physically active, stay connected and acquire new skills, which has a positive impact on their overall health and wellbeing and supports reducing social isolation.
Whilst our main aim is to promote the wellbeing of all older people and assist them in making later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience we would like to ensure the Community Centre is open to all and available for other groups to utilise outside of the core offer.
Royal Surrey Charity (Guildford)
We are working to deliver exceptional care in a welcoming and safe environment for patients at Royal Surrey Hospital.
From providing state of the art equipment and redeveloping wards, to investing in staff development and funding innovative research, our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Working collaboratively with medical and support staff, we fund projects that make the biggest impact on the 260,000 people we treat each year – from babies, to children and young adults, to older people.
The Brain Tumour Charity
Our vision is for a world where brain tumours are defeated.
The Brain Tumour Charity is at the forefront of the fight to defeat brain tumours, making a difference every day to the lives of people with a brain tumour and their families. We are committed to having the biggest possible impact for everyone affected by a brain tumour, to defending the most amazing part of the human body, so that the diagnosis of a brain tumour is no longer a death sentence.
We fight brain tumours on all fronts through research, awareness and support to save lives and improve quality of life.
• We fund pioneering research to find new treatments, improve understanding, increase survival rates and bring us closer to a cure.
• We raise awareness of the symptoms and effectsof brain tumours, to reduce diagnosis times andmake a difference every day to the lives of peoplewith a brain tumour and their families.
• We provide information and support for anyone affected to improve quality of life.
The Guildford Society
Aims and Objectives
We are a registered charity whose volunteers aim to provide a forum for debate about the issues affecting our town and borough.
1/ We are interested in following issues that affect our town and surrounding area:
- Conserving the best of Guildford Town, Urban Area, Villages and Countryside
- Promoting high standards of planning and architecture
- Influencing the pace and type of development for the future
- Raising the public awareness on issues related to our Built Environment, Heritage and Future
- Identifying, integrating and considering matters that impact across the borough e.g. Transport Flows.
2/ Our Scope
- Geographically we concentrate on Guildford Town and Urban Area but maintain an active interest on major matters affecting the whole of the borough and beyond.
- We recognise areas in the borough have active and effective local groups whose work we don’t wish to replicate.
3/ We have some key principles:
- We recognise Guildford and environs will continue to develop and evolve to meet the needs of the population, and this needs to be managed.
- Guildford should remain a proper town, not just a commuter town for London, so we need to support economic activity, our world class educational facilities, and provide a wide range of public facilities e.g. Theatres, Entertainment Venues, Galleries, Meeting Places, Public Realm etc.
- The area needs to be ‘competitive’ with other South East areas in the Arc formed by Cambridge – Oxford – Guildford – Redhill - Ashford.
- Guildford and environs should aspire to be a leader in preserving heritage assets and surrounding countryside whilst enabling vibrant and sensitive development.
- Environment will be a key consideration including:
- Measures to encourage modal transport shift, pollution reduction, reduction in traffic congestion.
- Measures to encourage alternative energy, management/recycling of waste and flood protection.
- The town and its surroundings need to be better linked in a sustainable manner, including making public transport accessible and attractive.
- Guildford and environs should be a borough for all and thus should provide affordable accommodation for all age groups.
- We will actively seek to collaborate with other relevant groups on matters of common interest.