Catalyst is a non-profit organisation working with people who are dealing with issues stemming from drug and alcohol misuse and mental health.
Guildford-based for over 30 years, we work throughout Surrey and its borders in partnership with a wide variety of statutory and non-statutory organisations and bodies to provide support.
Kindness Integrity, Commitment
Cherry Trees (East Clandon)
To be a force for good by transforming lives through exceptional home from home care for children with all disabilities and their families.
Our doors will always be open to families in need throughout the South East, by being a much loved and supported charity.
Our aim at Cherry Trees is to offer the opportunity to children with learning and physical disabilities, most of which are severe, to enhance their quality of life by providing a safe, home-like environment whilst also providing their parents with a meaningful break.
Guildford Environmental Forum
Guildford Environment Forum are a Surrey based charity with a 25 year long history. We work to make Guildford (and the world beyond) a more sustainable place by educating, informing, cutting energy use, reducing ecological footprints, helping wildlife and tackling climate change. We work on local government climate Change committees, and run various hands-on projects that generate action on the environment within our local community.
Volunteer with us
We are looking for a motivated volunteer, passionate about our natural environment, to contribute towards raising the profile of GEF’s work with the aim of growing our membership (310 currently), recruiting volunteers and making the most of our successes, especially our current projects.
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with data bases and related software (we use membermojo)
- Experience of updating and managing databases
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools (e.g. MailChimp)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
As the post is voluntary the specific responsibilities within the role will be negotiable, but would ideally include:
- Supporting the GEF Membership Officer in monitoring and adapting our membership software (membermojo)
- Regularly updating membermojo data base into mailchimp
- Quarterly mailchimp to chase overdue subscriptions
- Occasional one off mailchimps on GEF matters including membership
- Attending quarterly meetings of the GEF executive committee (optional)
The minimum time commitment we are looking for would be 2-3 hours per week.
Specifics of the role will be negotiable, dependent on the applications received. All expenses will be covered, subject to executive committee approval.
If you are interested and able to volunteer for GEF in the above capacity then please do click on the "Fill in an Application" button and I will get back to you for a chat.
Heavens Road fm Catholic Radio (Guildford)
Our Mission is to celebrate our Catholic Faith bt broadcasting a Catholic internet radio station with a wide mix of interesting and original programmes which showcase the creative talent within our Catholic community.
Medical Cadet Training Corps
MCTC Mission Statement
The Medical Cadet Training Corps provides an environment where young people can learn, practice, focus, enjoy, feel safe and develop leadership skills in the following subjects, Military knowledge of the field gun, Physical fitness, social skills and extensive first aid training, we are also keen on teaching cadets ethical decision making and providing help to the community. The MCTC is able to reach at-risk young people and offer much needed care and support. For these aspirations to become reality however, it is essential that the MCTC is seen to be firmly rooted within the life of the wider community, and supported by all organisations, businesses, charities, schools, the local authority and anyone that is there to support children in our community, and that wherever possible, young people are provided with the opportunity to participate in the life of that community. Through the programmes, activities and ethos of the MCTC, the officers and instructors guide and support young people and act as mentors and role models in their personal, social and physical development. The programmes that the MCTC provides will create opportunity for the young people to develop into mature and responsible adults who will play an important role within their communities and wider society.
I Clarke (MCTC CEO and Commandant)
National Justice and Peace Network (Wonersh)
To promote the advancement of education in the Christian values of justice and peace by charitable means, in particular by:
- promoting the work of justice and peace;
- working in conjunction with the Roman Catholic bishops of England and Wales and their agencies to advance the practice of social teaching of the catholic church by the encouragement and support of diocesan Justice and Peace groups and other bodies that share their concern to bring the good news of Christ's love and peace to people who are disadvantaged and to work to empower them to improve their circumstances;
- promoting appropriate prayer, study, celebration and spirituality within religious practice to inspire solidarity with those in need;
- raising awareness about social justice, non violence, ecological and human rights issues as central to the life of the church and beneficial to the well-being of the community;
- encouraging and promoting work, action and campaigning for social change on issues of justice and peace by raising awareness through provision of training, workshops, conferences, publications and the like; and building networks with all those who share our vision and aims, promoting communication to seek collaboration over action, resources, methods and good practice.
- in pursuing the objects, the network shall be non-party in politics and shall, in its own activities, implement an effective equal opportunities policy.
LGB&T Helpline and Support Groups in Surrey
Puttenham Barn is run by a small environmental charity called Project Oasis North Downs (POND).
Its mission is to provide simple inexpensive overnight accommodation in a 250 year old barn, in an environmentally responsible way.
It is aimed at walkers, cyclists & people enjoying the surrounding beautiful countryside.
The Barn has many environmental features including solar panels (on its bike shed!), rainwater harvesting & local varieties of apple trees in the garden.
We aim to open at weekends, during school holidays and on as many other nights as we can between Easter & October.
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation for Disabled People
We work with people with physical and learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries to gain new skills and increase independence. Whether it’s learning everyday life skills, rebuilding a life affected by brain injury, acquiring the skills to drive a specially adapted car or training for future employment, we support disabled people to achieve goals for life.
St Nicolas 9th Guildford Scout Group
We prepare young people with skills for life. Through our programme of activities, camps and expeditions we encourage young people aged from 6 to 18 to do more, learn more and be more.
Surrey Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE Surrey)
We are the Surrey Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE). Our aim is to protect, promote and enhance the countryside and natural environment of Surrey.
We work with local communities and their elected representatives to find positive and lasting ways to enable our countryside and nature to thrive - today and for generations to come.
Our goal is for a beautiful and vibrant countryside that sustains our wildlife, contributes to public health and wellbeing, and enriches all our lives.
Time to Share
Building Healthy Communities Together
Timebanking is a way for people to come together to help others and help themselves at the same times. Participants 'deposit' their time in the Time Bank by giving practical help and support to others and are able to withdraw their time when they need something done themselves.
Timebanking is open to people of all ages, abilities, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.