Are you unable to volunteer on property due to your schedule/location? If your answer is, "Yes!" we have the perfect solution.
Help us collect In Kind Donations to benefit the women, children, and men that reside in our emergency shelters. In Kind Donation Drives are ongoing throughout the year and do not require volunteers to participate in the New Volunteer Orientation and/or any type of training. Simply select the items(s) that you wish to collect among friends, family, colleagues, businesses, etc. then select a date(s) and time(s) to drop off the collected items.
Donation drive items should be brought to 2015 20th Street Fort Meade, MD 20755 main office building with the blue and white Sarah's House located in front of the bldg. on the date(s) and time(s) you selected. We require appointments to ensure we have staff to assist you in unloading.
Items that we cannot accept as donations:
- High chairs (subject to change)
- Cribs – must meet licensing standards.
- Mattresses – we have special mattresses that protects against bed bugs better than conventional mattresses.
- Bed frames, head boards, railings, any bed parts.
- Bikes, scooters, wagons, big wheels, tricycles or anything with wheels
- Diapers Size Newborn, #1, #2, #3 (subject to change) – there is an overabundance currently.
- Sofas, loveseats, recliners, ottomans, file cabinets, bookcases and any furniture.
- Appliances - large and small
- Outdoor furniture - lawn chairs, grills, umbrellas, etc.
If you have any questions about this activity, please feel free to reach out to Sarah's House Wish List email firstname.lastname@example.org.