City of Edmonton Recreation Centres
Welcome to the City of Edmonton’s Recreation Centres. Our facilities have exceptional health, wellness and sports amenities. People of all ages and abilities can gather to learn, exercise, relax, meet, and have fun in this community hub.
Sign-Up to volunteer with us in a variety of positions.
- Program Support for Persons with Disabilities Programs
- Youth Engagement Group (Terwillegar Only)
- Special Events
For information about these programs please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Get Involved
- Ages 13+
- If under the age of 16
- Two written references from a non-related person (A form can be provided for you)
- No Police Information Check Required
- Fill in an Application
- Entry-level positions, such as Special Events, do not require a Police Information Check to volunteer.
- Complete a Police Information Check. Some positions may also require an interview or reference checks.
- You will be invited to attend our New Volunteer Orientation
- Once you have attended a Volunteer Orientation you can log in to MyImpactPage.com and start signing up for opportunities.
- Check out all the areas that Community & Recreation Facilities has to offer.
** At this point in time most of our opportunities available are special events. With limited events running, orientations are run on an as-needed basis.
*2020 Race Cancelled*
Get in on the action for the longest-running triathlons in Alberta. This is one of Alberta's first urban triathlons that challenges all levels of athletes. Join us for the excitement and take part as a Race Marshall.
A Youth Engagement Group is a body of young people appointed by Community Recreation Centres to provide information and advice in relation to recreation programs and services involving or affecting Youth. Engagement committees are utilized to provide citizen or expert input and advice to the City of Edmonton administration on relevant issues.
The City of Edmonton welcomes children and adults of all abilities in our facilities and is committed to the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in our programs. Our programs are designed for persons with developmental disabilities. Cooking, Crafts, Social Events, Physical Activity, and more are part of the fun!
All of this programming takes place at various Recreation Centres throughout the city.