Conservation Volunteers Australia
Join us on various conservation projects in Adelaide and regional SA. Achieve positive environmental impact, meet like-minded participants and improve the health of our beautiful yet fragile ecosystems!
Friends of Woorabinda Bushland Reserves
The Friends of Woorabinda Bushland Reserves help to maintain and improve four Adelaide Hills Council reserves.
The linked reserves -- Stirling Park, Woorabinda, Hender and Madurta - cover 34 hectares in the heart of the Stirling/Heathfield district. Woorabinda lake is perhaps best known feature, but habitats vary from open grassland to eucalypt forest and natural bushland. They are home to a wide variety of birds, as well as koalas, southern brown bandicoots, kangaroos and sundry reptiles. Not to mention native orchids and other flowering plants and shrubs.
The reserves have been assessed as having some of the highest biodiversity of anywhere in the AHC area. The State Government recently approved a Natural Vegetation Heritage Agreement, protecting the reserves in perpetuity.
You are very welcome to join us to help us keep it that way! It's a great excuse to take some time out in beautiful surroundings.
We normally have bushcare working bees from 9am to 11am every third Sunday and every last Thursday of the month. Locations vary, so get in touch: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And check out our website:
Rotary of Blakiston
The Rotary Club of Blakiston provides the following Services to its local community:
- conducts the Anzac Day service at Littlehampton.
- sponsors 2 children to the Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN).
- supports a Mens Health project in the Mount Barker Shopping Centre.
- has a stand at the Mount Barker Show.
- supports "top hat".
- holds a roadwatch on the road between Littlehampton and Nairne.
- helps support the Fathers Day BBQ at Littlehampton Primary School.
- holds a Melbourne Cup Day with proceeds going to Mental Health.
- has a float in the Mt Barker Christmas Pageant.
To find out how you can be involved take a look at our volunteering vacancies.
Or how about coming along to one of our meetings. The Rotary Club of Blakiston
meets every Wednesday from 6.30pm for Dinner and a meeting at
AUCHENDARROCH, 17 Adelaide Road, Mount Barker.
Trees Please! Landcare Hahndorf