Adelaide Hills Council
People who live, work, study and play in the Adelaide Hills give purpose to our work at Council.
Volunteering is an opportunity to partner with us so we can build connected and inclusive communities filled with resilient, active individuals across the Adelaide Hills.
Through volunteering you can make a valuable contribution to our community, share your skills or gain new ones, and get to know your community by connecting with new people.
Ways you can volunteer with Adelaide Hills Council
We are looking for volunteers of all ages, across a range of skills and different life experiences to directly contribute their time to assisting Hills communities.
Search our current volunteer vacancies below to find your volunteer match.
Do you have some spare time on your hands? Or do you want to further your skills?
We have a range of different opportunities that may interest you.
- Second Hand Uniform Shop: customer service, sales, EFTPOS, retail.
- College Canteen - servicing three Lutheran Schools in the Adelaide Hills: food preparation, customer service, and cash handling.
- PT&F events and fundraiser opportunities: we have many events throughout the year like our annual Food & Fun Fest. Event set-up and preparation, telemarketing, gift wrapping - the list is endless.
We have lots of fun so please don't hesitate to contact us to see what exciting opportunities are available... every little bit helps.
About Hahndorf Academy
Situated in the centre of the picturesque village of Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills, the Hahndorf Academy is a magical place where visual arts and heritage meet.
The Academy Shop which showcases quality hand crafted products by local and regional artists and designers. We are proud to stock works from over 100 local artists in our beautiful shop including glass, jewellery, prints, cards, skin care, books, clothing and original artwork.
There is an ever changing panorama of contemporary visual art to discover in our Gallery, then step back and enjoy a change of pace with our special collection of Sir Hans Heysen’s whimsical drawings of village life from times gone by.
Starting out as a boarding school, and later a maternity hospital, if the walls of the 19th Century Heritage building could talk they would tell remarkable stories of history and courage and fear and excitement as early settlers created new lives for themselves. You can also absorb the local history in our German Migration Museum and be captivated by objects and stories relating to the lives of Hahndorf’s pioneering families.
Volunteer at Hahndorf Academy
Would you like to join our lovely team? Hahndorf Academy are looking for retails volunteers to assist our beautiful shop. If you have sales experience and a friendly disposition we would love to hear from you. An interest in art is a bonus. Please contact Rebecca on 8388 7250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Houghton, Inglewood & Hermitage Memorial Park
We, the Houghton Inglewood Hermitage Soldiers Memorial Park Committee (The Committee) have a big & bold vision for our hills community with a 2.5 million sports and community hub building at the Houghton Oval. The Committee has worked on developing a master plan for the last 15 years. Years of planning went into the design of the New Multiuse Community Facility and with everyone’s support we hope to be able to start building this year.
All committee members are volunteers, some working full-time, some semi retired. We are seeking people with specialist expertise in Marketing, Sponsorship/Fundraising to join our Committee as well as people willing to volunteer for specific events only. Our next event is the Houghton Spring Fair & Produce Market which will be held on Sunday 27th October 2019 from 10am - 3pm at the Houghton Oval.
For further information please contact the Treasurer Han on 0404044752.
Mount Barker District Council - Community Library
Rotary of Blakiston
The Rotary Club of Blakiston provides the following Services to its local community:
- conducts the Anzac Day service at Littlehampton.
- sponsors 2 children to the Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN).
- supports a Mens Health project in the Mount Barker Shopping Centre.
- has a stand at the Mount Barker Show.
- supports "top hat".
- holds a roadwatch on the road between Littlehampton and Nairne.
- helps support the Fathers Day BBQ at Littlehampton Primary School.
- holds a Melbourne Cup Day with proceeds going to Mental Health.
- has a float in the Mt Barker Christmas Pageant.
To find out how you can be involved take a look at our volunteering vacancies.
Or how about coming along to one of our meetings. The Rotary Club of Blakiston
meets every Wednesday from 6.30pm for Dinner and a meeting at
AUCHENDARROCH, 17 Adelaide Road, Mount Barker.
The Hills Community Toy Library
The Hills Community Toy Library are looking for fabulous new volunteers to come join our community!
Do you have . .
- an interest in helping to run a vibrant not for profit
- great organisational skills, a creative mind, or a passion to play your part and make a difference
- a small amount of time out of your busy life to help out
As a volunteer you will:
- have access to borrow a wide variety of toys,