Beacon Community Services
Beacon Community Services is a community-based, not-for-profit, social, employment, health, recreational, housing and volunteer services agency, offering a wide range of programs and services to thousands of clients in the Capital Regional District. Our strongly knit family of employees and volunteers promotes independence and self-sufficiency with dignity, respect and compassion. We help people to help themselves, and it is a job that we have grown into for over 40 years.
Boys & Girls Club Services of Greater Victoria
The Boys & Girls Club Services of Greater Victoria Mission:
"To provide a safe supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and build confidence and skills for life."
John Howard Society of Victoria
Effective, just and humane responses to the causes and consequences of crime.
Parent Support Services Society of BC
A world where all children and their families are nurtured, valued and safe.
Our Mission Statement
To protect the safety and wellbeing of children and promote the health of families by providing support, education, advocacy, research and resources to those in a parenting role.
Our Mission is supported by...
- Creating safe places for parents and grandparents to meet, share and learn
- Supporting parents and grandparents in dealing with crisis or injustice
- Working with other organizations that serve families
- Carrying out research on emerging parenting issues
- Creating and providing resource materials for parents and grandparents
- Working for legislative and administrative changes
Salvation Army - Public Relations Office
The Salvation Army Victoria ARC
INTERNATIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT
The Salvation Army is an international Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity
The Salvation Army Territorial Mission Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Victoria Addictions & Rehabilitation Centre Mission Statement
The Addictions and Rehabilitation Centre provides quality counselling, support, resources and programs in a residential setting, to those making the transition from the institution to their family and community. All people are treated with the same high level of assistance, dignity and compassion
Statement of Rights & Responsibilities
Each person in this community has the right and responsibility to:
- Be treated with respect and dignity
- Treat others with respect and dignity
- A clean and safe living / working environment
- Abide by all community living / working expectations
- Keep personal living / working space and belongings in order, clean and secure
- Available counselling and personal support
- Keep healthy boundaries with other clients / Employees
- Voice suggestions or concerns
- Report observed unsafe or inappropriate situations
Vancouver Island Human Rights Coalition
Victoria Child Abuse Prevention & Counselling Centre
Mary Manning Centre responds to children, youth and families affected by sexual abuse and other trauma, by providing victim services, counselling, prevention and education within the Greater Victoria community, and consultation throughout the Province of British Columbia.
Victoria Parole Office
The Correctional Service of Canada, as part of the criminal justice system and representing the rule of law, contributes to the protection of society by actively encouraging and assisting offenders to become law-abiding citizens, while exercising reasonable, safe, secure and humane control.