AIDS Vancouver Island
Be You Promise.org
The mission of Be You Promiso.org is to educate Canadians on the benefits of moderation or restraint in the use of alcohol and/or drugs. One of our objectives is to educate our youth by doing school presentations about the choices and the consequences of misusing drugs and alcohol and the effects it has on society as a whole.
Through education, outreach and awareness,Be You Promise.org works to prevent the initiation of substance use among youth or prevent further substance use among those individuals already using with the ultimate goal of reducing the personal and societal harms associated with drug and alcohol misuse.
Boys & Girls Club Services of Greater Victoria
The Boys & Girls Club Services of Greater Victoria Mission:
"To provide a safe supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and build confidence and skills for life."
Cool Aid Society
VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY
Homelessness touches many lives at a significant cost to communities. The Cool Aid Society has been a key player in the work to end homelessness in the Capital Region for decades and, with your help, is developing 360 more apartments for people who are currently homeless.
We act to end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. We are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.
The Victoria Cool Aid Society acts to end homelessness and improve our quality of life by working with others to build a community where:
- No one is forced to sleep on the street or go hungry.
- Everyone who needs supportive housing is getting it.
- Integrated health care service to treat illness and promote wellness is provided.
- Integrated services are provided to those with mental health and addiction issues.
- We demonstrate reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships
- We foster a workplace culture that embraces innovation, teamwork, leadership and knowledge sharing.
- We make and keep our commitments.
- We are accountable for our actions and measure and share our contribution to the community.
- We appreciate and acknowledge the contributions of our employees, volunteers, donors and partners.
- We support and value participation, build partnerships, and encourage shared leadership in our community.
- We treat all people with respect, dignity and fairness.
- We look at the environment through the eyes of our clients.
- We are innovative, learn from our experiences and the input of others, and make effective change.
- We are action oriented and advocate for those we serve.
- We are committed to promoting fairness and equity within our organization.
Creating Homefulness Society- Woodwynn Farms
Woodwynn Farms is a therapeutic community for the homeless with a unique and compassionate approach to helping people in need. Participants and volunteers live and work together on the farm, each day beginning with yoga along with mindfulness practices woven throughout the day. Meals are enjoyed together, consisting of nutritious, organic farm-grown food. This brings people back to health physically, spiritually, and mentally, so they can flourish and contribute to their communities. We operate by the motto believe in people until their ready to believe in themselves.
Friends of Music Society
James Bay Care Centre
James Bay Community School Society
Our Place Society
Our Place Society is a community centre serving Greater Victoria's most vulnerable citizens: the working poor, impoverished elderly, the mentally and physically challenged, the addicted and the homeless. We serve over 1,500 meals per day, and provide hot showers, free clothing, counseling and outreach services, plus 45 transitional housing units. Most importantly, we provide a sense of hope and belonging to our neighbours in need.
Become part of a fantastic team of compassionate people assisting Victoria’s most vulnerable citizens. For more information, visit our website https://www.ourplacesociety.com/ or call our Volunteer Services team at 250-388-7112 Ext. 243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Centre Family Services Association
PEERS Resource Society
The Salvation Army Victoria ARC
INTERNATIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT
The Salvation Army is an international Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity
The Salvation Army Territorial Mission Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Victoria Addictions & Rehabilitation Centre Mission Statement
The Addictions and Rehabilitation Centre provides quality counselling, support, resources and programs in a residential setting, to those making the transition from the institution to their family and community. All people are treated with the same high level of assistance, dignity and compassion
Statement of Rights & Responsibilities
Each person in this community has the right and responsibility to:
- Be treated with respect and dignity
- Treat others with respect and dignity
- A clean and safe living / working environment
- Abide by all community living / working expectations
- Keep personal living / working space and belongings in order, clean and secure
- Available counselling and personal support
- Keep healthy boundaries with other clients / Employees
- Voice suggestions or concerns
- Report observed unsafe or inappropriate situations