Action Committee of People with Disabilities
Our mission is to put into action through advocacy the empowerment, social inclusion, and economic equity for all People with Disabilities.
What we do:
Compelled by the values of Jesus Christ, we provide exceptional holistic care as we assist seniors to experience life well in supportive communities.
British Columbia Aviation Museum
Disaster Aid Canada
At the Soap for Hope Program of Disaster Aid Canada, we are dedicating to meeting the hygiene needs of the needy in our community, here on Vancouver Island and abroad in disaster relief. Two years ago, our Executive Director, Anne McIntyre, was collecting lightly or unused hygiene products from hotels to send overseas in Disaster Aid kits when she asked herself if there was a need for these soaps here in Victoria. She quickly discovered that the answer was not only yes, but many shelters had no budget for hygiene products. This means that if they need to buy soap, then this money has to be diverted from food or other essential programs.
In the last two years, we have grown to service 26 different shelters/ transitional houses or community centers on Vancouver Island. By diverting hygiene products such as shampoos, bar soaps and lotions that would normally be thrown into the trash, we have been able to help homeless individuals regain their dignity and health while protecting the environment.
To provide and assist in delivering humanitarian aid, shelter, sustainable water systems and hygiene products to people affected by natural and other disasters, or with compelling local need.
How We Fulfill Our Mission
By collecting lightly used or unused products from the hotel and accommodations industry, we divert waste from landfills and help people in need. Our service to the community means we connect and build relationships in the accommodations industry and those organizations that service homeless or at-risk individuals. We process these products to make sure they are clean and organized to make the biggest impact, then arrange for delivery or pick up to our local community or to send overseas.
Family Caregivers' Network Society
Family Services of Greater Victoria
Family Services of Greater Victoria helps children, youth, and adults manage the challenges of separation, divorce, or transition to a new family structure. Our highly qualified staff, working with other community agencies, provides information and practical and emotional support so people facing these challenges can make the decisions that are best for everyone. BCFIT believes all individuals can find ways to move forward in their lives when family relationships have changed or are changing.
Gardens at HCP (Horticulture Centre of the Pacific)
The HCP will achieve its vision by effectively executing its mission of:
- Providing an inspiring natural learning environment in which visitors and students can learn responsible horticulture and conservation practices and the importance of plants to a sustainable world.
- Reaching out to our community and the world with innovative education programs that connect people, especially children, with plants and nature and increase awareness of the importance and fragility of our natural environment.
- Developing, cataloguing and displaying a rich collection of plants that demonstrates the rich heritage of plants that can be grown in our climate and contributes to the protection of biodiversity.
- Demonstrating responsible stewardship of our conservation lands through our sustainable management practices, habitat restoration and education programs.
- Providing high quality, accredited education for horticulture professionals by responding to the needs of the horticulture industry and our students through innovative programs.
- Engaging in research with partners in plant sciences to expand our knowledge of native plants and their importance for biodiversity and sources of food.
HeadWay - Victoria Epilepsy & Parkinson's Centre
We are a vibrant and welcoming non-profit society whose purpose is to strengthen clients', families' and communities' ability to manage the physical, psychological and social effects of Parkinson's and epilepsy.
James Bay Community Project
To build healthy, inclusive community in James Bay and beyond by operating and facilitating programs and services that support families, youth, seniors and other community members.
Kardel Consulting Services
Kardel’s mission is to help people with developmental disabilities have a good life
and to respect their personal choices
Life Cycles Project Society
The Canadian College of Performing Arts
The Canadian College of Performing Arts:
To offer quality training in a broad spectrum of skills which will prepare the students for careers in the performance arts locally, nationally or internationally.
To provide a stimulating, positive and constructive environment where students are encouraged to develop high standards of work ethics and conduct which will serve them in any field of endeavour in the future.
The Canadian Heritage Arts Society (CHAS).
- To provide instruction and training in the performing arts, and to raise the aesthetic taste and artistic appreciation of the public at large through the medium of public performances and exhibitions.
- To preserve and promote heritage arts and culture.