1Up Victoria Single Parent Resource Centre
1Up, Victoria Single Parent Resource Centre, provides practical support, opportunities for growth and a sense of hope for one-parent families across Greater Victoria. Guided by skilled and committed staff and trained volunteers, we offer important services to create foundations for personal and community growth in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment. The work we do here transforms lives creating stronger families and healthier children. It provides hope and the promise of a brighter future for parents and children, not just today, but well into tomorrow creating a stronger and more vibrant community in the process.
What We Offer:
- Practical Support
- Happy Healthy Kids Fund
- Child Care Resource & Referral (CCRR)
- Community Resources
Members can receive up to ten free individual counselling sessions. Our other free services for members include a clothing & household goods room, a bread pantry, a library & toy room, an annual school supplies drive, a Christmas Hamper program.
We provide volunteer opportunities and a Peer Helper Training program which prepares volunteers to provide reception, individual support, and resource information for the Centre and its members.
The Centre also offers a comprehensive selection of life skills programs and workshops, parenting skill and development courses and parenting support groups that are scheduled from September to June and are open to everyone in the community.
Action Committee of People with Disabilities
Our mission is to put into action through advocacy the empowerment, social inclusion, and economic equity for all People with Disabilities.
Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria is a public art gallery committed to the celebration of art. With vision, leadership and scholarship we will engage and inspire diverse audiences through exhibitions, interpretation, and stewardship of the collection.
- Overview: The AGGV is the region’s major public art museum, and has the largest collection of visual arts in public trust in British Columbia, with over 18,000 works stored on site.
- Curatorial emphasis: The AGGV showcases exhibitions from our celebrated East Asian collection (from India to Japan) and from Canadian and international contemporary and historical artists.
- East Asian Collection: The AGGV is home to one of Canada's most important East Asian art collections, second only to the Royal Ontario Museum. The collections of Chinese amber and ivory carvings are amongst the finest in the world. The East Asian Collection is one of the most comprehensive held in public trust in North America.
- Emily Carr: On permanent display is the work of British Columbia's foremost historical artist Emily Carr. An exhibition including paintings, excerpts from her books and archival images offers an insightful look at this inspiring Victoria artist who captured the British Columbia landscape and was inspired by the rich culture of First Nations people of the province.
- Shinto Shrine: The Gallery's Asian Garden boasts the only authentic full-sized Japanese Shinto Shrine outside of Japan.
- Spencer Mansion: Incorporated in 1947, the Gallery hasbeen at its current location since a donation of the Spencer mansion in 1951. Sara Spencer’s niece Myfanwy Pavelic, an esteemed Victoria artist, continued the family’s artistic legacy on Vancouver Island until her passing in 2007.
Volunteer Policy Statement
The Board of the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria recognizes the valuable role volunteers have had in its history and will play in its future. The Gallery ensures that there are fair, consistent and equitable procedures pertaining to volunteer practices and performance.
CFUV 101.9 FM
Children's Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
Greater Victoria Festival Society
Maritime Museum of BC
Rest Haven Foundation
The Best Care Possible
In 2014 the Rest Haven Foundation was created and incorporated as a not for profit society. The community based board of directors and its members are passionate about ensuring Rest Haven Lodge provides the best care possible to the community. While being accountable and transparent to their donors.
Is to inspire the community to support Rest Haven Lodge.
For the community to embrace the journey’s at Rest Haven Lodge by providing up to date equipment, enhanced support services and facilities.
Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary
The Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary is a leader in the stewardship of functioning & diverse ecosystems and an urban refuge that provides opportunities to bring people and nature together.
To enhance the quality of life for those facing advanced illness, death and bereavement through skilled and compassionate care, education, research and advocacy.
Quality end-of-life care for all.