Home and Community Care - Metro
Community connection and rewards program
We know that community connection and interdependence is more important than ever.
Volunteer Community Connectors
As a “Community Connector Volunteer”, you will support socially isolated participants to connect with the community and to engage in activities and groups that align with their interests, skills and/or abilities. You will also contribute to the development of the ‘Sharing Tree’.
Uniting Vic Tas is looking for “Community Connector” Volunteers, who are:
- Interested in connecting with people and building a sense of community:
- Able to organize and plan;
- Willing to commit at least three hours per week over one year; and
- Welcoming and friendly to all types of people.
As a Community Connector, you will:
- Support a socially isolated person to build sustainable and fulfilling connections in their community;
- Research and identify potential social activities available;
- Facilitate contact with social activity organisers;
- Connect by phone, get-togethers via video, and in-person where possible; and
- Connect with the opportunities presented by Uniting’s “The Sharing Tree” program.
As a Community Connector, you will benefit by:
- Gaining a greater sense of community and belonging;
- The satisfaction of being helpful to the community, sharing your skills, and making a positive difference in an older persons life;
- Expanding your friendships and professional networks;
- Gaining community development and facilitation experience;
- Being part of a network of Community Connectors – sharing and learning;
- Receiving engaging benefits through our volunteer reward system “The Sharing Tree”;
- Being part of an innovative project, seeing it grow and develop; and
- A greater sense of wellbeing, purpose, and meaning in your life.
What is the Sharing Tree
The Sharing Tree is an exciting new community connection program that rewards members for sharing the things they love through a neighbourhood points system! The Sharing Tree is currently open to Uniting staff and existing volunteers.
A partnership approach
Uniting Vic Tas coordinates the Sharing Tree, bringing together individuals, community and sports groups, businesses, community services, arts, culture and entertainment organisations across Melbourne to build a powerful resources and skills network.
The Sharing Tree is a pilot project supported by funding from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments and Equity Trustees.
Find out more at https://www.thesharingtree.org.au/volunteer-community-connector/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of engagement that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces. Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Support to help people stay connected.
We want to help people make the most of their day - every day. Let's work together to build a better life for people.
Volunteers assist us to facilitate of our social support programs.
With our programs, you can support people to:
- Develop daily living skills at home and in the community
- Discover and enjoy by trying new hobbies
- Connect with local community through local events and activities
- Make new friends and build your social networks.
Do you have a hidden talent, you would like to share?
- Cooking classes
- Arts and crafts
- Computing classes
- Sports or excercise
- Social groups
If you have hidden talent that we could add to our activities list and would like to share through volunteering we can support a flexible and rewarding experience.
If you have 4 hours a month to spare and a passion to make an impact in the lives of people we support, by creating a place for people to feel safe, to belong, and to connect. We would like you to join our dedicated team
Interested in becoming a local change maker? Apply Now!
For more information contact with Marnie on 1300 583 145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org