City of Bend Administrative Services/General Volunteer Interest
Greeters and Ambassadors
Greeting and directing walk-in customers at City Hall, maintaining kiosks and perform other tasks as needed.
Greeting and leading field trips at the Bend Municipal Airport.
During events, Ambassadors can provide valuable information to the public about our community.
Clerical, Technical and Professional Services
An opportunity for individuals or businesses to offer assistance, maintain or learn new skills, and network in professional circles of interest.
The City often needs help with its Special Events. Some of these events may be small, like ice cream socials or First Friday, however the city may hold very large scale events needing photographers, greeters, folks to help with informational displays, etc.
In the event of a disaster, communities depend heavily on volunteers to assist in a variety of important roles including evacuation, First Aid, emergency shelter assistance, etc.
City of Bend Commissions and Committees
Committees are a great way to get involved with City government!
The City has a number of boards, committees, and commissions that make recommendations to City Council or City administrative staff.
The development of an effective Citizen Committee is comprised of individuals who have skills appropriate to the needs of the particular group. Appointed volunteers are considered public officials. Unless explicitly authorized by statute, ordinance, or other formal action of the City Council, the authority of the Citizen Committee is limited to making recommendations to the City Council.
Each group is staffed by a City of Bend employee liaison who will provide necessary administrative staff support.
Standing Citizen Committees
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC)
- Bend Economic Development Advisory Board (BEDAB)
- Budget Committee
- City of Bend Accessibility Advisory Committee (COBAAC)
- Landmarks Commission
- Planning Commission
- Neighborhood Leadership Alliance (NLA)
- Civil Service
Ad Hoc Committees
- Citywide Transportation Advisory Committee (CTACT)
- Transportation Safety Advisory Committee
- Southeast Expansion Area Plan Advisory Committee (SEAPAC)
- Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board (JRMAB)
- Arts, Beautification, Cultural Commission (ABC)
- Septic to Sewer Committee
- Downtown Parking Stakeholder Advisory Committee - part 1 completed
- Climate Action Steering Committee (CASC)