City of Bend Commissions and Committees
Committees are a great way to get involved with City government!
The City has a number of boards, committees, and commissions that make recommendations to City Council or City administrative staff.
The development of an effective Citizen Committee is comprised of individuals who have skills appropriate to the needs of the particular group. Appointed volunteers are considered public officials. Unless explicitly authorized by statute, ordinance, or other formal action of the City Council, the authority of the Citizen Committee is limited to making recommendations to the City Council.
Each group is staffed by a City of Bend employee liaison who will provide necessary administrative staff support.
Standing Citizen Committees
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC)
- Bend Economic Development Advisory Board (BEDAB)
- Budget Committee
- City of Bend Accessibility Advisory Committee (COBAAC)
- Landmarks Commission
- Planning Commission
- Neighborhood Leadership Alliance (NLA)
- Civil Service
- Environmental and Climate Committee
Ad Hoc Committees
- Citywide Transportation Advisory Committee (CTACT)
- Transportation Safety Advisory Committee
- Southeast Expansion Area Plan Advisory Committee (SEAPAC)
- Juniper Ridge Management Advisory Board (JRMAB)
The City of Bend will be renowned for its innovation and vibrant quality of life.
Providing the right public services for the Bend way of life.
- Integrity: We are honest and ethical in all actions taken, even when no one is watching.
- Accountability: We are accountable to the public and we take responsibility for the actions and decisions of the City.
- Innovation: We embrace change, are flexible and do not hesitate to experiment with new ideas, programs or technologies to improve our effectiveness.
- Communication: We commit to the open, clear, timely, constructive and collaborative exchange of information focused toward results.