The Trinity River and its tributaries run through Grand Prairie, providing habitat for our native wildlife and recreation through fishing and boating opportunities.
Unfortunately, these streams can become polluted with litter. The majority of this litter is made up of plastic bottles, plastic bags, and Styrofoam. This litter is called 'floatables' because the majority of it floats on the surface of the water creating an eyesore for the community.
You can do your part by not littering and by assisting with stream cleanups during the stream cleanup season which runs from mid-October through mid-March each year.
- 1 hour start delay***Adopt-a-Stream with BSA 498 and VCM, Inc. of Cedar Creek at Friendship Park
- Adopt-a-Stream with Trinity Coalition of Cottonwood Creek at SE 14th Street Bridge
- Adopt-a-Stream with Trinity Coalition of Mountain Creek Lake at Mi Familia Park
- Adopt-a-Stream with Young Women's Leadership Academy
- Beacon Branch Adopt-a-Stream
- Fish Creek Cleanup Challenge