Support our Mobile Seniors Outreach Program!
Volunteers are needed to support seniors and elders in our community during the Covid-19 health crisis.
Volunteers could assist with the following:
- Support with online grocery shopping
- Over-the phone prescription refills / setting up prescription delivery
- Scheduling / rescheduling appointments
- Support setting up online banking
- Appropriate referrals to community service agencies / programs
- Support with sourcing out transportation services
- Accessing online informational / educational resources
- Helping with inventory of basic essentials
- Assisting with virtual communication apps set-up (Facebook, Skype, etc.) to maintain connection to family & friends
- Friendly visits, playing games, discussing the news & chatting
As a volunteer you will be connected to a program based on your skills and availability.
All volunteers must undergo screening, this include a Criminal Record Check and other credential verification depending on the programs.
Once you have applied a coordinator will connect with you start the screening including access to an on-line criminal record check.
Please note that we adhere to all health recommendation developed by BC Centre for Disease Control. If you are unwell or have reason to believe you have been exposed to the corona virus, please stay home. We are are a essential service in our community and we are making every effort to keep ourselves and clients healthy.
Thanks for offering to help!