Clackmannanshire Family Support Services
Our service provides early intervention and support to children and their families with the key aim of improving outcomes for children who would otherwise not reach their full potential and who may then require more complex interventions.
Family Support Volunteers Central
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
We need volunteers to support our staff and the children and carers attending our groups in the North and Outer West areas of Newcastle.
Activities will include:
- Supporting play between the children and carers within our venues and other community buildings
- Promoting the learning opportunities associated with activities offered, which could be Parenting Groups or Adult Learning courses
- Signposting carers to appropriate members of staff or other services for support and advice
- Helping to set up and clear away after activities
- Opportunities to accompany families to other groups and services
- Reporting any concerns or problems to staff members
- Contributing to the planning and evaluation to develop our groups
- Opportunities to become involved in other Action for Children volunteering roles locally and nationally
- Our service operates Monday to Friday, 9am - 4.30pm with limited opportunities for early evening and weekend support
- As part of Action for Children's Safeguarding Policy we will expect all volunteers to undergo a disclosure check. This will be organised by project staff
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. A diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with and we welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate our differences and as an inclusive workplace we want everyone to be themselves.
Contact: Clare Bowley at email@example.com who will be happy to support with your application.
Action for Children are Passionate, Ambitious, Collaborative and Inclusive. We aspire for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
NI Regional Young Carers
Starting Well Partnership South Worcestershire
Action For Children Starting Well Partnership South Worcestershire
We place children, young people and families first, delivering safe high quality services that empower and enable children, young people and families to achieve their full potential.
We play an important role in supporting local families in South Worcestershire with children aged 0-19. By providing training, advice and guidance the local Action For Children Starting Well team empower families to 'nip things in the bud' early and this limits the risk of escalation. The service places an emphasis on a holistic ‘whole family’ approach that will result in long term, sustainable change.
Our work includes: Children Centre services, positive parenting courses, adult learning, support within schools and communities to engage young people with their education and work journey, and advice and guidance to young people who are not in education.
What Volunteers Say...
I was directed to Action for Children by a colleague on my course and after an initial meeting and attending the volunteer training session, with the Senior Volunteer Co-ordinator, I obtained a placement at the Buttercup Centre. The recruitment process was really simple and the support received from my supervisors and others at the centre is fantastic. If there is anything I am unsure of or the parents are looking for guidance, I know who to ask and where to signpost them.