* Family Support Volunteers Central
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
We need volunteers to support our staff and the children and carers attending our groups who are resident in the North and Outer West areas of Newcastle.
Activities will include:
- Supporting play between the children and carers within our venues and other community buildings
- Promoting the learning opportunities associated with activities offered, which could be Parenting Groups or Adult Learning courses
- Signposting carers to appropriate members of staff or other services for support and advice
- Helping to set up and clear away after activities
- Opportunities to accompany families to other groups and services
- Reporting any concerns or problems to staff members
- Contributing to the planning and evaluation to develop the group
- Opportunities to become involved in other Action for Children volunteering roles locally and nationally
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. A diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with and we welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate our differences and as an inclusive workplace we want everyone to be themselves.
Contact: Clare Bowley at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to support with your application.
* Nightstop Dorset
Dorset Nightstop provides safe, secure emergency accommodation for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Young people are welcomed into the home of a fully trained volunteer host. Placements are on a one night at a time basis, usually for a maximum of three nights.
As a young person accessing Nightstop you can expect:
- a safe and secure bed for the night in your own room
- an evening meal and breakfast
- washing facilities
- a listening ear, if you need one, or head space if you prefer
- a friendly and free service
- breathing space to allow you to get any support you need and move towards finding more permanent accommodation
Nightstop aims to keep young people in a safe and friendly home environment, while allowing agencies to look at long-term solutions to their homelessness.