* Bucks Activity Project
Bucks Activity Project
Providing short breaks for disabled children and young people aged 0-19
Bucks Activity Project is part of the Action for Children Countywide Integrated Short Breaks Service, commissioned by Buckinghamshire Council and provides community short breaks to children and young people aged 0-19 with disabilities and additional learning needs across Buckinghamshire.
* CORNWALL S.P.A.C.E.
We support disabled children and young people to reach their potential.
We do this by offering exciting new activities to try and the opportunity to make new friends, while providing families with an all important short break.
* Nightstop Dorset
Dorset Nightstop provides safe, secure emergency accommodation for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Young people are welcomed into the home of a fully trained volunteer host. Placements are on a one night at a time basis, usually for a maximum of three nights.
As a young person accessing Nightstop you can expect:
- a safe and secure bed for the night in your own room
- an evening meal and breakfast
- washing facilities
- a listening ear, if you need one, or head space if you prefer
- a friendly and free service
- breathing space to allow you to get any support you need and move towards finding more permanent accommodation
Nightstop aims to keep young people in a safe and friendly home environment, while allowing agencies to look at long-term solutions to their homelessness.
* Northampton Community Short Breaks PMLD
Northants Short Breaks Service (SBS) is a county-wide service providing short breaks to children and young people and their families, supporting a range of ages and needs
We have an inclusive approach that takes into account age, disability, and wider needs. It fits with our ethos of believing in the importance of allowing children and young people to socialise and develop relationships with other children and young people, regardless of their age, need and ability.
The SBS staff are highly committed and dedicated. We provide a safe, fun and consistent environment for children and young people to be themselves. Children and young people have the opportunity to socialise with peers, build confidence, resilience, self-esteem, and independence. Our clubs are a place to relax and have fun while learning and trying both new and familiar activities that help them to develop and grow. Action for Children staff provide and respond to the emotional, behavioural, physical, and medical needs of each child and young person.
Who we support
Children and young people in Northamptonshire, aged 5 to 18, with a range of needs, such as Moderate Learning Disabilities (MLD), Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Asperger’s, and Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD).
Parent, carers and families who have a child/children with a disability.
Disability Short Break Support Mentor
Disability Support Assistance
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as an Disability Support Assistance.
- Be patient and reliable
- Have experience of or the desire to support children/young people with disabilities
- Have good communication skills
- Are able to work alongside a variety of different people
- Have a positive attitude
- Use your initiative but also ask for help when needed
- Be willing to challenge discrimination.
What you can expect:
- Interacting with service users, whilst listening to what they have to say, to make their voice heard
- Supporting with reading and writing tasks when needed
- Join in and helping with activities.
- Contributing to children/young person’s social, emotional and educational development
- Keeping records of activities including session and travelling times
What we can offer:
- Getting to know some great people!
- Gaining experience in supporting children and young people with disabilities
- Enjoying sense of personal satisfaction
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works.
* NPT Community Short Breaks
Welcome to Neath Port Talbot/Swansea Community Short Breaks Project!
Neath Port Talbot/Swansea Community Short Breaks Project (NPT) provide sessions to young people with disabilities and overnight Family Link placements, including Swansea Pops and Swansea Link.