* Aberdeen Priority Families
Aberdeen Priority Families Service adopts a whole family approach to supporting and enabling families with multiple and complex needs to improve their life outcomes.
* Bedlington CC
Location: Bedlington Children Centre Northumberland
Our service enables to ensure all children get the best possible start in life .
* Fundraising - Wales
By being a fundraising volunteer for Action for Children in Wales, you help us make a real difference to children and their families across the region.
By placing counter collection boxes or helping at an event collection you help us raise awareness and money.
By helping with administration or making Christmas or Action for Children Sunday Calls you help our team stay in touch with our local supporters and discover new ones.
By helping at events you cheer our supporters on to raise even more funds and make our events possible.
Thank You for helping us to do what's right, do what's needed & do what works for children.
* Grow by Action for Children
At Grow, we care about parents and their growing family and know that parents are the most important part of their baby’s life. Our Grow classes can help to grow and nurture parent and baby or toddler’s well-being and the precious relationship between them in calm and relaxed environment. At Grow, our commitment to parents is:
· helping them to grow together from bump to baby and into toddlerhood and beyond
· supporting parent and baby to discover the world around you
· giving parents an insight into their baby or toddlers development, helping them to reach their milestones
· developing a baby or toddler’s interests, letting them discover the fascinating world around them where wonder leads to curious, imaginative babies and toddlers and happy confident parents
· helping parents to feel more confident as a new parent, their child is a unique individual who doesn’t come with a manual and we know that at times being a parent isn’t easy
· helping parents to recognise and understand their baby’s unique cues so they can give him/her what he/she needs
We care about parents and their family and want to make sure that their child gets the best start in life possible. We are here to provide a range of high quality classes designed to support the positive mental health and well-being during first few months and years of a child's life and their parent/s.
* Tafarn Newydd C&F Service
Tafarn Newydd Families Service provides a multi-agency family support service that promotes and enhances the development of disabled children aged between 0 and 19. We promote the child’s; linguistic, cultural, physical, social & life skills, emotional and cognitive development through assessment and individual one page profiles that address their specific and individual needs.
We are funded by Health, Education, Social Services and these funding streams are dependant on each other as they provide both the infrastructure and aspects of service delivery.
Our key objectives are:
- To provide local support for disabled children & their families
- Families are supported to develop necessary skills to care for their disabled children
- Children are supported and developed to reach their maximum potential
- Children are supported in their transition to school
- Parents have access to relevant information to support their role
- Parents and children are less isolated and support networks developed
- Children and young people attending Saturday club are able to socialise with their friends which enables parents to have a short break
To reduce family stress thereby diminishing the incidence of crisis and family breakdown.