* Ashington Children's Centre
Location: Ashington, Northumberland
Central Children’s Centre’s are there to ensure all children get the best possible start in life. We are a focal point in our community where families with children from birth to 19 years old can access all the services and information they need.
- offer family's a friendly place to go and get information and support on health, parenting, work and childcare.
- give help and advice on child and family health, parenting, money, training and employment
- provide learning together through play sessions for children under 5 years with mums, dads, carers and their children, and there are lots of opportunities for families to develop new skills
- offer outreach and home visiting, and services for children and parents who need it through the 'early help' process for 0-19 years of age.
- provide early learning opportunities for pre-school children
* Bedlington CC
Location: Bedlington Children Centre Northumberland
Our service enables to ensure all children get the best possible start in life .
Monksfield is based on the outskirts of Hexham within walking distance of local amenities and have easy access to the countryside, coast and nearby towns and cities. We provide residential care for disabled children needing a permanent home and short break residential care.
We work with families and professionals to meet the complex and varied needs of the children and young people that are in our care. Our tailored support packages enable all children and young people to benefit from their stay with us.
Whenever possible we consult with the children and young people about what activities they like and where they would like to go and the toys they would like to play with. We encourage children to develop as much independence as possible and get them involved in everyday tasks whilst supporting them to progress at their own pace.
By providing fun, inclusive and flexible support we help disabled children, young people and their families to live the lives they want. For every child or young person within our care our aim is to provide the most stimulating and inspiring environment to enable them to flourish.
* Newbiggin Childrens Centre
Activities Assistant Newbiggin children's Centre.
Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us.
Action for children does what's right, does what's needed and it does work.
* North East Independent Visitors
Our volunteers aim to build relationships and help young people feel positive about their futures.
We do this by giving them stability, support and guidance through being carefully matched with a fully trained adult that is committed to spend time with them.