BC SPCA - West Kootenay Community Animal Centre (Castlegar)
Join our Foster Roster
New foster families are needed to provide safe and loving temporary homes to dogs, cats, rabbits, and other vulnerable animals before they can find, or return to, their forever homes.
The minimum commitment is a six-month period, but foster placements happen on an as-needed basis and range in durations from a few days to a few months. Any help makes a world of difference to the health and wellness of these animals!
Next steps to join the team:
- Read the role description and check that you meet all the key requirements below.
- Take photos of the spaces your foster animal would have access to in your home and outdoors.
- Fill in an application for the foster care role and upload your photos. (You will receive a response to your application within 5 business days)
- Complete 1-3 hours of orientation and training online
- Meet the BC SPCA foster coordinator by phone, video call, or in person
- Continue virtual training in animal care and behaviour while waiting for a placement
- 19+ years of age, or a family with an adult to act as the lead foster
- Pet-friendly housing including a separate room with a closing door and window
- Ability to drive animals to vet care appointments
- Time to spend with your foster animal(s)
- Interest in learning more about animal behaviour and care
- Available to foster animals within the next six months
- Desire to help increase the adoptability of animals
Email your Regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, Amber Briglio, at firstname.lastname@example.org
→Bottle sorting is an essential fundraiser that runs all year long!
→We need dedicated volunteers to drive bottles to recycling faculty in Trail.
→No sorting required just loading and unloading and driving BC SPCA vehicle to and from Trail.
The following documents are required and can be uploaded to your application:
→Picture of a valid driver's licence.
→A copy of your ICBC driving record. This can be obtained free of charge from ICBC
Join our team of like-minded individuals as a Driver and Delivery Volunteer, with our BC SPCA Food Bank program!
Work in partnership with staff and volunteers by driving to drop donations off at our branches and deliver food to people in need, offering curb-side delivery as needed.
Your support will ensure our Food Banks operate efficiently and provide to community pet owners in need of assistance in caring for their pets.
Want to stay behind the scenes but are passionate about both animals and your community? This is a great opportunity for you! We are looking for volunteers who can help plan and prep our food supply for those served through our community outreach food bank programming. Your support will help create safe food access for pet owners in your community.
Join our team of like-minded individuals as a Guest Greeter volunteer with the BC SPCA! Work directly with staff & volunteers to ensure potential adopters and patrons are directed to the right resources, and provide excellent customer service to those looking for our support. You will be the first point of contact for visitors and have the opportunity to provide a warm welcome and leave a lasting impression by sharing your passion for our organization.
Join our team of like-minded individuals as an Office Support volunteer with the BC SPCA! We are seeking enthusiastic, organized task-oriented volunteers to assist with administrative and reception duties. Your support will help us with the administrative and people sides of caring for vulnerable animals.
Join our team of like-minded individuals as a Animal Transport volunteer with the BC SPCA! Animal Transport Volunteers play a critical role in transporting both animals and supplies. Combine your passions and do both by applying to become a volunteer driver! !
Join our team of like-minded individuals as an Adoption Assistant volunteer with the BC SPCA! Volunteer in partnership with staff to provide potential adopters information about animals in care, and new adopters with support. Your support will directly help animals in our community find amazing homes.