BC SPCA - Kamloops
Join our Foster Roster
New foster families are needed to provide safe and loving temporary homes to dogs, cats, rabbits, and other vulnerable animals before they can find, or return to, their forever homes.
The minimum commitment is a six-month period, but foster placements happen on an as-needed basis and range in durations from a few days to a few months. Any help makes a world of difference to the health and wellness of these animals!
Next steps to join the team:
- Read the role description and check that you meet all the key requirements below.
- Take photos of the spaces your foster animal would have access to in your home and outdoors.
- Fill in an application for the foster care role and upload your photos. (You will receive a response to your application within 5 business days)
- Complete 1-3 hours of orientation and training online
- Meet the BC SPCA foster coordinator by phone, videocall, or in person
- Continue virtual training in animal care and behaviour while waiting for a placement
- 19+ years of age, or a family with an adult to act as the lead foster
- Pet-friendly housing including a separate room with a closing door and window
- Ability to drive animals to vet care appointments
- Time to spend with your foster animal(s)
- Interest in learning more about animal behaviour and care
- Available to foster animals within the next six months
- Desire to help increase the adoptability of animals
Email your Regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, Kevin Nowottnick, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities - Kamloops
At this time, we are seeking fosters who can care for adult cats and/or kittens. This kind of fostering requires a room specifically set aside for the animal with access to natural light and hard flooring.
Whether an animal is injured, abandoned, or underage, foster care saves lives. Many animals needing remediation or a space to stay if the shelter is full benefit from a foster home.
Foster Care volunteers are guardian angels to thousands of BC SPCA animals in need. Whether an animal is injured, abandoned, or underage, foster care saves lives. Many animals needing remediation or a space to stay if the shelter is full benefit from a foster home.
The Kamloops BC SPCA has events and fundraising throughout the year, from Lock In for Love, to community events and markets, we often need help with set up, take down and various positions throughout the event.
Tasks may include: contacting donors and vendors, picking up donations or dropping off flyers/posters, selling 50/50 or raffle tickets, selling SPCA merchandise, greeting guests (admission), or representing the SPCA and answering questions at information booths.
If you are interested in helping in future events, please ensure you check off [fundraising & events support] when completing your application. When a need arises, the shelter will connect with you to see if you are interested and available to assist.
Join our team of like-minded individuals as a Garden Care volunteer with the BC SPCA! Work in partnership with staff and volunteers to provide regular landscaping and care of the lawns, gardens and walkways of the animal care centre in your community. Your support will ensure the health and safety for all animals and people at the facility.