APEGA - Examinatons
When you volunteer with APEGA’s Examinations department, you help maintain APEGA’s high standards for professionalism, law, and ethics. You join a pool of authors that create the questions used in the National Professional Practice Examination, which APEGA applicants must pass before being licensed to practise in Alberta. The questions you contribute are used by 11 self-regulating organizations across the country.
What we do
- Contribute to the pool of high-quality examination questions concerning professional, legal, and ethical conduct
- Review and provide input on questions along with development- and examination-related activities
What we’re looking for
- Professional members of an engineering association in Canada
- Volunteers with a high level of written and spoken English
- Volunteers looking for a flexible, remote, volunteer opportunity
NPPE Question Author
Volunteer NPPE question authors are vital to APEGA’s certification and examination process. They contribute relevant questions based on real-world scenarios to the pool of questions for the National Professional Practice Examination. This role allows volunteers the flexibility to contribute their time how and where they want to.
Average time commitment
One-year renewable term. Volunteers must contribute at least five questions per month, which takes approximately five to eight hours.