APEGA - University Outreach
APEGA’s University Outreach department and its volunteers provide valuable knowledge, encouragement, and experience to young adults preparing to enter the industry. We are looking for volunteers like you to help the engineers and geoscientists of tomorrow navigate the complicated path of starting their careers. If you’re an established or newly licensed professional member, you are a valuable resource to both the profession and to those looking to enter it. Join us at one of our upcoming career-building events for a chance to share your experience and knowledge. Help students build vital career-search skills, network, and share your story with tomorrow’s professional engineers and geoscientists. Human resources professionals and members with hiring experience are encouraged to apply for these opportunities.
What we do
- Inspire young people to choose careers in engineering, geoscience and STEM
- Provide valuable guidance through initiatives such as resume reviews and mock interviews to help new graduates and aspiring professionals get a head start on their careers
- Help graduates and members-in-training build their professional networks with hosted networking events
What we’re looking for
- Members and non-members (especially human resources professionals) with hiring experience
- Passionate science advocates who love to share their knowledge
- Professional members with expertise in the areas of robotics, mechanical engineering, and coding to mentor student special projects
Career Skills Building
Starting a career in a new industry can be a daunting task. Between applications and interviews there’s many places where candidates can go wrong. Help set the next generation of engineers and geoscientists on the career path by volunteering as part of APEGA’s University Outreach Program. Our events are designed to give upcoming professionals the skills they need to kickstart their careers and range from mock-interviews, to discussion panels, to resume review sessions. Professional Members with hiring experience, or human resource professionals are invited to share their expertise at our upcoming events!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! - Virtual Resume Review
APEGA's Virtual Resume Review opportunity is seeking volunteers with hiring and resume review experience to provide anonymous feedback on student resumes through a digital platform. Please consider donating a few hours of your time with this vital opportunity for students to ensure that their application rises to the top of the pile.
Skills and qualifications
- Professional engineer, professional geoscientist, professional geologist, professional geophysicist, or professional licensee designation and in good standing with APEGA
- 1+ years formal hiring experience